Cardinal Griffin Catholic College
Cover Supervisor Co-ordinator
37hpw – Grade 5 - £19,076.60 (Actual) – Term Time plus Inset
We are delighted to advertise an excellent opportunity in our highly successful College for an enthusiastic Cover Supervisor Co-ordinator to co-ordinate daily cover supervision and to supervise whole classes to start as soon as possible. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and supportive College.
We are seeking an organised individual to deliver high quality, effective classroom cover supervision in a range of classes and subjects in response to short term teaching staff absence, as well as necessary non-teaching/support roles, ensuring good order is maintained in the classroom and keeping pupils on task. The successful candidate will need to start at 07:30am in order to organise and produce daily cover lists and deploy cover supervisors.
Candidates must be suitable to work with children and young people and able to supervise whole classes including implementing work programmes, managing pupil behaviour and assisting pupils in relevant activities in line with the school’s policies and procedures.
Why Cardinal Griffin?
- CPD for all staff to ensure they become the best version of themselves.
- The supportive network of our outstanding multi-academy company and experienced, hardworking and committed colleagues.
- Strong courageous leadership habits within every leader; be bold, be brave!
- Work in an environment in which people feel safe, seen, heard and respected.
- A culture of talking straight, demonstrating respect, confronting reality, clarify expectations, keep commitments.
- There is an emphasis on teamwork and supporting each other as one MAC family.
- Following the appointment of a new Principal we are looking to accelerate our progress towards becoming an outstanding college.
- We are a Christian community with a caring, secure and disciplined environment.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 4th December 2023 at 9am. The College reserves the right to interview as soon as it has a suitable field of candidates and so encourages early applications.
We do not accept applications via CV’s or from recruitment agencies.
We welcome further discussions about the post and these can be conducted using a variety of online platforms or by telephone. Please contact us to discuss this if it will be helpful to you.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings cautions and convictions in your application form. Applicants will be subject to an online search if shortlisted. Where the role involves engaging in regulated activity relevant to children, candidates should note that it is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children. Our Safeguarding Policy can be found at https://www.cardinalgriffin.org.uk/docs/Policies/CGCC_Safeguarding_Policy.pdf
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.gov.uk/government/publications/acceptable-right-to-work-documents-an-employers-guide