SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT
We are looking for an inspiring and talented SEN Teaching Assistant to support a child with complex needs for the duration of his time at school.
The role is within the classroom environment to support Cognitive and Speech and Language difficulties.
Monday – Friday 30 hours per week, Term time only
SEN TA Grade 1 - £ 13,647 - £14,293
Start Date Monday 11th December 2023
The role will include responsibilities to:
- Support the class teacher in supporting the child within the classroom
- Prepare resources to help the child access the learning within the classroom
- Support the child to become an independent learner within the classroom environment
- Support during playtimes and lunchtime to encourage and develop the child’s social skills
You will be expected to support the school’s Catholic Ethos and uphold its policies. As part of St Joseph’s Catholic School, you will join a community of staff dedicated to transforming education in Worcester and you will be provided with regular opportunities for CPD to support your growth as an SEN teaching assistant.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a talented individual who has SEND experience.
The candidate must:
- Have training and experience of working with children with complex additional needs
- Be a good team player who is proactive and able to act on their own initiative
- Experience in a school setting
- Demonstrate working as a team
- Have good organisational skills
- Have the ability to promote good practice in a professional manner
- Team Teach or equivalent qualification
- Epilepsy training
Enquiries/Application Pack, please contact Kim Hunt, Office Manager. Email: email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: Friday 1st December 2023
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 4th December 2023
Only applications using the Catholic Education Service application form will be considered this can also be downloaded from our website.
All successful candidates will be subject to relevant employment checks including an Enhanced DBS check and two references.
You will also be asked to complete a declaration to confirm that you are not disqualified under the Childcare(D) 2009 Regulations from working with children.
er the Childcare(D) 2009 Regulations from working with children.
ST JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
CHEDWORTH DRIVE, WARNDON
WORCESTER WR4 9PG
Tel: 01905 452772
St Joseph’s is committed to safeguarding
and promoting the welfare of our children, young people, staff and volunteers
and we all share this commitment.