L2 – L3 TEACHING ASSISTANT
TEMPORARY – 30 HOURS PER WEEK (TERM-TIME ONLY)
G4 – G5 (Point 6-17max) – (£16236 - £20798)
ABBEY PRIMARY SCHOOL
Required immediately until the end of Summer Term 2024 - term time only, Monday – Friday 8.30-3.10pm (with 40 minutes lunch, times could vary). The post is temporary as it is dependent upon funding available.
The post holder will be required to support the needs of classes and pupils across the school, possibly from YN to Y6. They will support individuals and groups with special educational needs, along with supporting interventions and lessons with a wide range of pupils.
The successful applicant will ideally have previous experience working with children with SEND and teaching phonics, although the latter is not essential. They will need to have a nurturing ethos and be able to be understand the values of nurture provision within a primary school. They will also be expected to help support the class teacher with general lesson support for small groups and individuals. First aid and supervision at break times may also be required at certain times of the day as part of general teaching assistant duties. All training will be provided to the successful candidate, including health and safety and safeguarding as part of induction.
We are looking for someone who:
- Will put the child at the heart of everything they do
- Will be a dedicated professional with the ability to inspire children and those that they work with
- Will have the ability to foster and maintain the highest standards of pupil behaviour
- Will have excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills with all colleagues and professionals
- Will develop good working relationships with parents and carers
- Will have exemplary professional standards
We can offer:
- Children that are excited about their learning, who work hard and are eager to please
- A dedicated and professional staff, who are committed and enthusiastic
- A bright and stimulating learning environment, inside and out
- Good professional development opportunities
Abbey Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of children and young people. All appointments will be made subject to satisfactory clearances by the Criminal Records Bureau.
An application form should be completed and sent to email@example.com, by the closing date and time below. A supporting statement should be included as part of the application.
Visits to the school can be arranged by calling the school office.
Closing Date: Friday 24th November 2023 at 12pm.