Job Title: Project Coordinator
Projects: NHS Co-Trainers and Experts by Experience
- Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training
- Care Education and Treatment Review (CETR) Hub
- Key Worker Project
- Other NHS projects as required
Coordinate the delivery of our NHS funded projects enabling people with a learning disability to co-deliver Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training and the involvement of Experts by Experience in Care, Education and Treatment Reviews (CETRs) and other areas of co-production work across Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Office base: St Richards House, 22 Victoria Square, Droitwich, Worcestershire, WR9 8DS.
Supporting delivery of training at NHS and social care settings in both Herefordshire and Worcestershire on a regular basis.
The post will also involve further travel across Herefordshire and Worcestershire and some home working, dependent of the needs of the projects.
Hours: 25 hours per week
Pay: FTE £29,777 (Actual £20,120)
Term: Initially 12 months fixed term based on current funding
Accountable to: Chief Officer
SpeakEasy N.O.W. enables people with a learning disability to speak up for themselves and make sure that local services are involving them and meeting their needs. This includes the work of our NHS funded Health Checkers project.
We have received further funding from NHS Herefordshire and Worcestershire Integrated Care Board (ICB) to enable people with lived experience to be involved in more areas of their work on learning disability and Autism. This includes -
- Employing and supporting Co-Trainers with a learning disability to help deliver Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training in Learning Disability and Autism, to health and social care staff, across Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
- Coordinating Experts by Experience to attend reviews for people with a learning disability and / or Autism who have been admitted or are at risk of being admitted to hospital due to their mental health. Experts by Experience either have their own lived experience or have experience as a carer.
- Enable and support the involvement of Experts by Experience in other projects, including the young person’s Key Worker project. The Key Worker project supports children and young people who are admitted to hospital or at risk of admission due to their mental health.
Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training
- Coordinate the support provided to Co-Trainers with a learning disability to prepare for and deliver Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training, online and face to face, across Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Including support with travel and travel arrangements, accessing sessions online, preparing and practicing training content, creating visual prompts and resources and helping to respond to questions raised as part of the training.
- Be the main point of contact with NHS H&W ICB and Lead Trainers to coordinate training schedules of Co-Trainers, to ensure a Co-Trainer with a learning disability participates in all sessions and support is provided, as required. Ensure project monitoring information, including monthly breakdown of training sessions delivered and Co-Trainer activity, is reported to NHS H&W ICB. Line manage Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training Project Officer and other staff providing support to Co-Trainers. Lead recruitment of people with a learning disability to work as Co-Trainers on delivery of Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training. Coordinate and deliver training to Co-Trainers as part of their induction and ongoing development with their role. Line manage Co-Trainers Ensure relevant timesheets and expenses claims are completed for Co-Trainers so they receive timely payment.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the delivery model and content of the Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training.
- Attend meetings, including OMMT Project Group Meetings, to represent Co-Trainers and help ensure training delivery is developed in an inclusive and accessible way.
Care, Education and Treatment Review (CETR) Hub
- Liaise with NHS H&W Complex Needs Team to arrange for Experts by Experience to attend Care, Education and Treatment Reviews for people with a learning disability and / or Autism admitted to / or at risk of admission to specialist secure hospitals. Liaise with Experts by Experience to confirm availability and provide information about CETR, the individual and location and arrangements for the day. Ensure Experts by Experience receive support and debrief from NHS H&W review team at the CETR. Gain feedback from Experts by Experience about CETRs and ensure this is followed up as required. Record and monitor attendance at CETRs and submission of invoices by Experts by Experience to ensure timely payment. Work with Complex Needs Team to recruit more Experts by Experience Work with Complex Needs Team to arrange and deliver training and peer support sessions for Experts by Experience
Funding for this post is spilt between Oliver McGowan Mandatory Training (18 hours per week) and CETR Hub and other NHS projects (7 hours per week).
This indicates the average hours per project, but may vary from week to week based on required need.
Particular duties and responsibilities may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility involved.