L3 Apprentice SEN Learning Support Assistant
We are currently seeking an apprentice to work towards the Level 3 SEND Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard with employment as an SEN support assistant at Delves Infant School. This post will be Monday to Friday, term time only plus 5 training days, from 8.30am-3.20pm each day (30 hours each week). The apprenticeship period will be 24 months.
The job involves working at Delves Infant School supporting in our SEN provision or in class with individual pupils who may have specific needs (SEND). This is a fantastic opportunity for you to gain paid employment whilst gaining a recognised qualification and embark on a career in education.
Closing date: Friday 8th December 2023 4pm
Desired skills and personal qualities
- Be fully supportive of the ethos of the school
- Be willing to learn
- Be a positive role model in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team
- Give attention to detail
- Have the capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed
- Hold yourself to high personal standards
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be committed to helping and supporting children from all backgrounds
- Follow safeguarding and child protection procedures including the ability to handle confidential information
- Have an excellent health and attendance record.
- Have an adaptable and professional approach to the responsibilities of the post
- Have an understanding of and commitment to the equal opportunities policy
- Have sound ICT skills.
GCSE English and Mathematics Grade A-C or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills and a Level 2 Teaching Assistant Qualification are desirable
Rate of Pay: The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £5.28 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over AFTER completing their first year. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that is part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Delves Federation is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of the children and all appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Contact: Ruth Green-Morris, School Business Manager, Delves Infant School, Botany Road, Walsall, WS5 4PU. Email the school via email@example.com for an application form and details or TEL: 01922 7