Shepwell Short Stay School
(Medical provision – autism, mental health, illness)
Head of Maths
Part Time (Mon to Thurs) – MPS/UPS
From February 2024 Fixed term for 1 year in the first instance
- Do you want to teach small well-behaved groups of students?
- Do you have the ambition and determination to secure positive outcomes for all students?
- Do you want to be part of a friendly and supportive team?
- Do you have experience of teaching a wide range of abilities including GCSE?
- Do you have a varied skill set that means you can teach across a range of subjects?
- Do you welcome the challenge and variety of working one to one with young people as they are too unwell to access a school setting?
- Would you welcome a better work life balance?
- Do you want to benefit from flexible working and reasonable adjustments policies?
Shepwell Short Stay School is a progressive and vibrant learning community that focuses on raising the aspirations and potential of every pupil at the school. We are seeking to appoint an outstanding, highly motivated, enthusiastic teacher who can bring new knowledge and skills to the school.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience teaching young people with ASC/Anxiety
- Be a team player;
- Have the ability to engage and inspire pupils;
Have a flexible and friendly approach
- Be committed to Shepwell’s ethos of high expectations for all
- Be willing to play a full part in the life of the school
- Have a positive ethos
- Be organised and methodical
- Be able to support and nurture non specialist staff to develop the Maths department
All staff are committed to putting the pupils first, ensuring they achieve in all aspects of their learning. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a keen interest in the wellbeing of young people who has experience, excellent organisation and ICT skills.
The school provides a continuation of education for pupils who due to a variety of illnesses (including medical health) and/or ASC are unable to attend a mainstream secondary school.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged as you will witness how amazing the pupils are and how calm the school environment is.
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st December
Interviews will be held Friday 8th December
All applications to be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged
To arrange a visit to the school email Jayne Hoey email@example.com or telephone 01902 632719
The staff and management committee Shepwell School are committed to protecting and safeguarding all their pupils to ensure, as far as possible, that they are free from harm. As part of the safeguarding process, the successful candidate must have full enhanced DBS clearance to work in the school and will not be able to take up their appointment until all pre-employment checks have been completed.
A copy of the school’s safeguarding policy/guidelines is available on the school website. There will be questions on this at interview.
Shepwell School welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.