About the Role
Housing Triage Assistant
Role 1 - 37 hours per week, fixed term contract until 31 March 2025
Role 2 – 37 hours per week, fixed term contract for up to 12 months (maternity cover)
Up to £28,700 per annum (depending on skills and experience)
The post holder will act as the first point of contact for customers who contact our housing service at risk of homelessness and will be responsible for processing approaches as part of our triage service, providing initial advice on housing options and determining eligibility and homelessness. Signposting customers to other organisations, making referrals to officers in the team and proactively working to reduce the risk of homelessness are also key elements of the role.
In addition to the triage role, the post holder will be expected to undertake additional Housing Assistant duties and work flexibly alongside other team members to ensure that a professional and timely service is delivered to our customers.
The post will cover both our Malvern and Wychavon districts.
The successful postholder must:
- Be customer focused and dedicated to providing an excellent and timely service
- Have the ability to advise and assist customers on all aspects of housing
- Plan and prioritise their own workload to meet deadlines
- Be able to work closely with other members of the team and offer support in fulfilling tasks which ensure optimum service delivery
- Have a tactful and diplomatic approach in all situations
- Have the ability to communicate relevant information in writing, face to face and by telephone to customers and to maintain accurate, up to date records
- Be computer literate with the ability to utilise a range of software packages
- Good educational background with numeracy and literacy skills
- Previous experience in a Housing or similar related field
- Housing qualification or a similar related field
- Computer skills: Microsoft Window Packages and Housing related computer systems
- To have a sound working knowledge of housing legislation and guidance
The successful postholder will also be required to apply for a basic DBS check.
What We Offer
Our staff are at the heart of what we do, and as a result we are always looking to recruit, develop and retain the very best talent we can find. That's why, as well as a rewarding career, we offer a range of attractive benefits, such as:
- Agile Working (40% minimum office based)
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Regular job-specific training
- Free Employee Assistance scheme including access to counselling services
- Health and Wellbeing support
- Kaarp discount scheme which provides a range of employee discounts for days out and holidays
For current employees of Malvern Hills or Wychavon District Councils secondments will be considered for this role upon agreement from your current line manager.
For more information or an informal discussion about the role please contact Peter Stock, Principal Housing Officer – Housing Options Tel: 07929 714803
Closing date: Sunday 3 December 2023
Interview Date: Tuesday 12 December 2023