This is a fixed term position until March 2025 due to projects
The Parent Support Team are a small, but very busy, team within Quality Early Years organising and delivering the Changes activity, antenatal and parenting programmes across Sandwell.
The Parent Support Team work closely with colleagues in Public Health to promote parental wellbeing and Start for Life initiatives. The Team are also supporting the work on the Family Hubs Project – particularly the parenting strand.
We are looking for a highly experienced and efficient person to provide additional capacity as the workload for the Team grows. The successful candidate will be required:
• To assist with the co-ordination and organisation of a wide range of activities and services for expectant parents and families in Sandwell.
• To manage the offer for parents and families to ensure a comprehensive and exclusive offer is available to parents and families in Sandwell at all times.
• To attend, facilitate and deliver activities and sessions for expectant parent and families in Sandwell
• To work as part of a team providing comprehensive admin and business support for the Parent Support Team
• To ensure the accuracy and consistency of electronic information, data and record keeping
• To provide support with procurement - raising & receipting requisitions
• To provide support with managing the booking system for the Parent Support Team (currently though BookWhen)
37 hours per week
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/counciljobs
Click here to find out more about our One Team Framework: Values and Behaviours.
Information for Applicants