This post is fixed term until 31/03/2025 due to projects
We have a great opportunity Area Engagement Mentoring Officer opportunity:
• Engage with Sandwell people, from disadvantaged groups, such as CIC, 16-29 NEET and long-term unemployed people to access employment and training as part of the UKSPF programme.
• Provide mentoring and support in a wide range of activities of engagement.
• Provide advice and guidance on career pathways, supporting the individuals to seek and gain employment opportunities.
• Monitor and report the progression of the Sandwell people in their own development and sustainability within their employment role. Liaising with employers to ensure completion of any accredited qualifications, for example Apprenticeship.
• Qualified Information, Advice and Guidance L3 required or equivalent
• qualification (Career related)
• A minimum of 2-years’ experience of working within the Post 16 Education
and Learning and/or Employment and Skills
• Experience of assessing people’s needs, setting goals, devising action plans
and recording progress.
• Experience of working with partner organisations e.g. Jobcentre Plus,
voluntary sector, training providers
• Working with unemployed persons from disadvantaged communities,
offering guidance and support with their career pathways
Interviews anticipated to take place 19th December 2023.
For an informal discussion, please contact Suzanne Allen on 07812105459 or Email Suzanne_allen@sandwell.gov.uk
You will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check.
37 hours per week
The council operates hybrid working. This involves working from an agreed workplace location in the borough for at least two days a week.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/counciljobs
Click here to find out more about our One Team Framework: Values and Behaviours.
Information for Applicants