The Meadows Primary Academy is an ambitious and inclusive community school with passion for delivering high quality education. Our staff are innovative, hardworking and motivated. We are seeking to appoint multiple staff across our school to assist our brilliant teachers and support our wonderful children.
- EYP – Working in our Nursery classroom – experience of leading a carpet and being able to deliver small group sessions would be beneficial.
- TA – KS1 working to support in our KS1 classes and supporting some of our KS1 SEN children
- TA – Upper Key Stage 2 support to help fill gaps in learning – experience of running small group interventions would be advantageous.
Please state within the supporting section of you application form which role you would like to be considered for, depending on your experience and interest.
These positions will be on a fixed term contract until 31/08/2024 but we anticipate that we will have some positions next academic year that we would encourage internal applications for initially.
We welcome applications from individuals, who care about people and are able to form strong relationships. They will motivate and inspire others to strive for the best.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An experienced teaching assistant who has a wide range of experience across all age groups
- knowledgeable about a range of SEN issues and has the experience and motivation to support those learners.
- Committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve their potential
- Able to create a culture and ethos where all students can achieve success and become engaged in their own learning
- Creative and able to embrace the challenges of The Meadows
- An excellent communicator and demonstrates openness and honesty
- An excellent team player who enjoys working collaboratively
- Able to inspire and motivate children and staff
- Highly skilled in managing personal interactions
- Resilient under pressure
In return for dedication, we can offer:
- Child focused team and environment,
- Incredible community of children, parents and carers who deserve only the best,
- Balanced approach to wellbeing and workload,
- Commitment to quality CPD, development and opportunities due to further school growth.
Shaw Education Trust are a thriving mix of diverse and growing schools including Primary, Secondary and Special Schools all working together to improve the lives of young people in our communities. We are sponsored by Shaw Trust a charity organisation that focuses on transforming lives. We’re a growing group of dynamically awesome academies providing education to children of all ages and abilities. Staff across our team of schools are dedicated to ensuring that every child has the opportunity to be successful, whatever their starting point in life.
We believe that everyone has the potential to be extraordinary! To this end, our growing number of primary schools within the trust tirelessly pursue excellence through research-based collaboration and innovation. Our developing, Trust-wide, 3D Primary curriculum and pioneering Digital Strategy is designed to create inspirational, energetic and immersive learning experiences. These enable every child to flourish within a caring, stimulating and purposeful atmosphere; fully prepared for their next stage of life and learning.
We know that at primary school, the quality of teaching affects both children’s social behaviour and intellectual development. This age and stage of learning has a more powerful impact on children’s academic progress than any other educational sector. Home too has a vital part to play! - Recognised through extensive research, it is the importance of early experiences and the powerful combination of home, pre-school and primary school partnerships that set the foundations enabling our amazing children and pupils to succeed.
Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your Teaching or Support Staff employment:
- An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (Support Staff) / Teachers Pension (Teaching Staff)
- Support Staff only based on working full time, all year - Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (37 days holiday rising to 39 days after 5 years’ service including Bank Holidays)
- Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
Actual Salary: £19,738.15 - £20,402.84 (Term Time only plus 5 INSET days)
Working Hours: 36.25 hours p.w (Mon –Wed 8.15am – 4pm, Thurs 8.15am – 4.30pm, Fri 8.15am – 3.30pm)
The Meadows Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, click here to review Safeguarding and Pupil Protection Policy https://www.shaw-education.org.uk/our-trust/key-information
This position is subject to appropriate vetting procedures including an online checks and criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose details of all unspent and unfiltered spent reprimands, formal warnings, cautions and convictions.
All shortlisted candidates will undergo an online search as part of Trust safer recruitment.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
In accordance with our safer recruitment policy CV’s alone will not be accepted.
We reserve the right to appoint before the closing date, therefore, we encourage early applications.
Successful candidates will be subject to a fully Enhanced DBS check along with other relevant employment checks.