he Meadows Primary Academy is an ambitious and inclusive community school with passion for delivering high quality education.
Our staff are innovative, hardworking and motivated. We are seeking to appoint professional and dedicated teaching assistant who will sit within our pastoral team, supporting some of our children with additional learning needs. We are a school with high SEN need and a lot of children who have SEMH issues that need that extra emotional and learning support to thrive within the school day. We are looking for someone who can be flexible and work to support a number of different children, with different needs, where two working days will never look the same!
We welcome applications from individuals, who care about people and are able to form strong relationships. They will motivate and inspire others to strive for the best.
We are looking for someone who is:
- An experienced teaching assistant who has a wide range of experience across all age groups
- Calm with a caring nature that can help ensure pupils remain calm in class
- knowledgeable about a range of SEN issues and has the experience and motivation to support those learners.
- Committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve their potential
- Able to create a culture and ethos where all students can achieve success and become engaged in their own learning
- Creative and able to embrace the challenges of The Meadows
- An excellent communicator and demonstrates openness and honesty
- An excellent team player who enjoys working collaboratively
- Able to inspire and motivate children and staff
- Highly skilled in managing personal interactions
- Resilient under pressure
In return for dedication, we can offer:
- Child focused team and environment,
- Incredible community of children, parents and carers who deserve only the best,
- Balanced approach to wellbeing and workload,
- Commitment to quality CPD, development and opportunities due to further school growth.
Shaw Education Trust are a thriving mix of diverse and growing schools including Primary, Secondary and Special Schools all working together to improve the lives of young people in our communities. We are sponsored by Shaw Trust a charity organisation that focuses on transforming lives. We’re a growing group of dynamically awesome academies providing education to children of all ages and abilities. Staff across our team of schools are dedicated to ensuring that every child has the opportunity to be successful, whatever their starting point in life.
We believe that everyone has the potential to be extraordinary! To this end, our growing number of primary schools within the trust tirelessly pursue excellence through research-based collaboration and innovation. Our developing, Trust-wide, 3D Primary curriculum and pioneering Digital Strategy is designed to create inspirational, energetic and immersive learning experiences. These enable every child to flourish within a caring, stimulating and purposeful atmosphere; fully prepared for their next stage of life and learning.
We know that at primary school, the quality of teaching affects both children’s social behaviour and intellectual development. This age and stage of learning has a more powerful impact on children’s academic progress than any other educational sector. Home too has a vital part to play! - Recognised through extensive research, it is the importance of early experiences and the powerful combination of home, pre-school and primary school partnerships that set the foundations enabling our amazing children and pupils to succeed.
Shaw Education Trust offer the following benefits with your Teaching or Support Staff employment:
- An excellent Local Government Pension Scheme (Support Staff) / Teachers Pension (Teaching Staff)
- Support Staff only based on working full time, all year - Generous holiday entitlement from your first day of employment (37 days holiday rising to 39 days after 5 years’ service including Bank Holidays)
- Access to health and wellbeing support via Occupational Health
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to our Institute of Education and fantastic opportunities to help you grow, contribute and flourish in your role and in the Trust.
Actual Salary: £20,402.84 - £21,449.83 (Term Time only plus 5 INSET days)
Working Hours: 36.25 hours p.w (Mon –Wed 8.15am – 4pm, Thurs 8.15am – 4.30pm, Fri 8.15am – 3.30pm)