The following post is available for support staff at this successful High School, to start as soon as possible:
SENIOR ATTAINMENT MANAGER PERMANENT CONTRACT
Grade 5, 37 hour per week contract, term time only (39.2 working weeks)
FTE (£23,893-£25,119), Pro Rata (£21,216-£22,304)
Purpose: A unique opportunity for an outstanding SEND specialist to join our growing team to support the development, leadership and management of the effective delivery of SEND provision, which enables the highest level of student progress and attainment. They will support the Assistant SENDCo in leading on creating an inclusive learning environment throughout the school.
The Senior Attainment Manager will provide Support to Students
• Implement structured provision in accordance with individual support plans under the direction of teaching staff whilst administering in-class support.
• Provide intervention and share the lead on lunch club and homework club.
• To contribute to raising standards by ensuring high expectations are promoted to SEND students.
• Provide general support to SEND students ensuring their safety, by complying with good health and safety and safeguarding practice.
• Support and counsel SEND students, for students to talk and report any issues that they have.
• Support students through examinations.
• Assist with transition from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3.
• Communicate with parents as necessary.
Support to Assistant SENDCo
• To provide support to ensure that Individual Support Plans and one-page profiles are in place and up to date: oversee the updates and communication of all of these to staff and parents.
• Overview and maintenance of student provision plans (Assess/plan/do/review processes) so that they are regularly reviewed by the relevant staff member.
• Supporting with appointments for outside agencies.
• Triage of highlighted learning concerns from staff and parents. Evidencing/decision making on referral to Assistant SENDCo.
• Examinations: timetabling of examinations for students with access arrangements, running of examination venues, setting up of software for students with access arrangements.
• Succession planning/deputy in instance of Assistant SENDCo absence.
Cannock Chase High School is an 11–19 mixed comprehensive school with around 1070 students on roll. Students and staff are warm, open and supportive to one another and proud of their school. We were judged as 'good' in our most recent Ofsted inspection and behaviour was described as 'exemplary'. Mutual respect is a key feature of our relationships here.
Please refer to the following documentation, when completing an application for this post:
1. Application Guidance Notes;
2. Job Description and Person Specification.
A successful application will include:
1. A Letter of Application (of no more than two sides of A4), outlining how your skills and experience to date meet the requirements of this post.
Cannock Chase High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. All appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
The job description and person specification are available from the Headteacher at the school or via the website: www.cannockchasehigh.com/Jobs-at-CCHS. All applications must be on the school Application Form (which is also available from the school or via the website), CVs alone are not acceptable. Completed applications are to be e-mailed to Iain Turnbull, Headteacher, at firstname.lastname@example.org,
Closing date: Monday 27 November 2023, 3.00pm.