Business Growth Officers - Ref: EE05123
- £36,298 - £41,496
- Fixed-term contract to March 2025
Walsall Business Growth Team - a place of makers and mould breakers!
We’re in the heart of England, and we’re well connected.
We are looking to appoint two talented officers who can, amongst other things, help local employers to grow their business and invest in Walsall, and to support those employers who need help with a wide range of business issues, from Access to Finance and International Trade, to Net Zero and Recruitment.
The local business support landscape can be confusing. At Walsall Council, we enjoy good working relationships with many stakeholders in the Black Country and West Midlands. We are the team who know the team.
Some of your specific duties will include:
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of business support to SMEs in Walsall.
- Work alongside WMCA colleagues as part of Business Growth West Midlands.
- Deliver Walsall’s Business Support commitments as part of UKSPF.
- Work with private sector partners and stakeholders to ensure economic growth in Walsall.
You will have an excellent understanding of the private sector arena, how it works and interacts internally and with others as well a keen knowledge of funding opportunities and the local business support ecosystem. You will excel in the field of business and employer engagement. View Job Description & Employee Specification
Closing date for applications: 17 December 2023