About The Role
Contract: Fixed Term until 31/03/2026
Salary: £33,945 - £38,223
Closing Date: 18/12/2023
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person with excellent analytical skills to join our friendly team. With a focus on making sense of information to make a difference, the Intelligence Unit provides robust local evidence to help the council and its partners plan and commission effective services. Much of this is published on the Understanding Herefordshire website, as part of the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment. As an Intelligence Analyst with a public health focus, you will be comfortable with obtaining, analysing and interpreting data from multiple sources ranging from published official statistics to specialist health databases, and turning this into useful insights for both expert and non-statistical audiences using a variety of methods including reports, presentations and infographics. This is also an exciting opportunity to apply your experience of data analysis tools to help transform the way we manage our data: increasing automation and building self-serve dashboards and visualisations to improve efficiency and the quality of insights. A core part of this role is to work collaboratively with Public Health colleagues to deliver the intelligence needed to drive improvements in population health and reducing inequalities. With strong communication skills, you will have the ability to build effective business relationships at all levels in the organisation, and to challenge constructively.
About The CompanyBenefits of working for Herefordshire Council:
- A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to our contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
- Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS)
- Generous Annual Leave: 26 days’ annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays. After five years’ continuous service, this increases to 31 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum
- Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
•Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant;
•Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV and complete the supporting statement within the application form, referring to the job description & person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com