At Sandwell Children’s Trust we strive for excellence to improve the lives of children. Our ‘Sandwell Deal’, brings together our new improved offering that make Sandwell Children’s Trust a great place to work; it also sets out our expectations of you as a member of staff.
What we can offer you:-
- Generous annual leave of up to 31 days, plus 5 additional days for long service recognition.
- Your birthday off paid in addition to annual leave entitlement and 8 Bank Holidays, plus a concessionary day at Christmas.
- You will receive a generous local government career average pension scheme with employer contributions of 21.6%.
- We recognise individual loyalty with service awards from 2, 5, 10 and every 5 years onwards.
- Flexible working patterns that suit you and all of our roles have well-defined career progression.
- We provide competitive expenses for both mileage (55p per mile) and subsistence, plus access to a comprehensive employee benefits scheme.
Please visit The Sandwell Deal via this link
Fixed term contract until 1st September 2024
Hours - 37 per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Practitioner to join our newly restructured Youth Justice Service.
The Youth Justice Service works with young people aged 10-17 that get into trouble with the law. They look into the background of a young person and try to help them stay away from crime
It’s a multi-agency team comprising of professionals from areas such as Social Work, Police, Probation and we have a dedicated Restorative Justice Worker and Resource Co-ordinator.
We support young people in a range of settings from police stations, courts, in the community and in custodial settings.
- To assist the Team Manager/Deputy Team Manager in providing an effective service that meets the individual needs of young people and their families to reduce and prevent further offending.
- To take a senior role the first line management responsibility for designated areas of a multi – agency Youth Justice Service and Targeted Youth Support Service and other preventative strands.
- Adhere to the YJB Performance Management Framework including national standards. It is essential to this post that you have a sound working knowledge of National Standards processes and evidence-based practice.
- Manage caseload and ensure reviews are completed at least every 3 months
- To ensure the safeguarding of children and young people on your caseload is paramount, ensuring appropriate referrals are made to specialist services and child protection teams. This includes the timely completion of Risk, Safety and Wellbeing Management Plans which includes Risk of Serious Harm
- Ensure Information systems are kept up to date.
- To deliver direct work/ creative interventions to young people on a 1:1 basis or in smalls groups if appropriate
- Attend court and represent the Youth Justice Service if and when required (training will be provided)
- Maintaining the health and safety of employees.
- National qualification (degree level) in youth related subject/ Social Work/ Probation/ Youth Justice
- At least 2 years experience of working in a multi-agency Youth Offending Service working with young people and their parents.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-agency team preferably in Youth Justice or a related setting.
- Experienced case holder/management.
- Experience of using any of the Youth Justice systems/databases, preferably Childview and possess basic computer skills.
- Experience of undertaking Court work and the Criminal Justice system.
- Developing creative evidenced-based intervention programmes for young people who offend in accordance with key elements of effective practice.
- Understanding of the legal framework of Youth Justice including National Standards, Key Elements of Effective Practice, Scales Approach and a Child First Approach.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position.
Our teams at Sandwell Children’s Trust are all amazing, they inspire great ideas, drive new plans forward and help to make Sandwell Children’s Trust a fantastic place to work. We ensure that we are always recruiting, retaining and promoting a diverse mix of colleagues who are representative of the community we serve.
With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our ‘Sandwell Family’.
To apply please click on the apply button below
Employee Benefits Offering