Social Work Unit Manager (Mental Health)
An opportunity has arisen within the City of Wolverhampton Council Adult Mental Health Social Work Team to recruit a Social Work Unit Manager. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, highly motivated and organised manager who will work hard and to high standards. This is an exciting and challenging role working in our culturally rich & diverse city.
There are three Social Work Unit Managers in the team whose roles are central to ensuring consistently safe practice, and in supporting and supervising social workers.
You will be a professionally qualified social worker and Approved Mental Health Professional, as well as having extensive knowledge of mental health social work practice, The Care Act 2014 and mental health legislation. You will be required to liaise and work in partnership with other agencies, and have experience of working independently and making sound practice decisions in a busy team environment. You will need to be able to work on your own initiative, and have confidence in your skills.
- Hold a recognised qualification in social work and have substantial post-qualifying experience;
- Be HCPC registered;
- Be a qualified AMHP;
- Have experience of Adult Safeguarding;
- Have a good working knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act & Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Have experience of managing/supervising social workers or social worker practice.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity of working in a supportive and innovative team;
- Regular supervision and collaborative working;
- Regular Team Meetings, reflective practice groups and AMHP Forum;
- Training and development opportunities.
For further information, please contact Karen Chance (Senior Social Work Manager) on 01902 553446 or June Pickersgill (Head of Service) on 01902 555710.
You will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible after the closing date.
All applicants should note that these posts will require an enhanced DBS check prior to appointment.
Closing date 25 October 2017
This position is only available to internal candidates from the City of Wolverhampton Council.