Our Lady of the Magnificat MAC are looking to recruit an Exam Invigilator. This role will be based at Trinity Catholic School, Guy’s Cliffe Avenue, Leamington Spa, CV32 6NB.
The post is on a casual basis invigilating GCSE and GCE Level exams from the beginning of May until the end of June. There may be the requirement to support internal exams at other times of the year.
Work hours would be agreed ahead of the exam period, which fall during term time (unpaid lunch break).
Rate of Pay: Band B Scp2 (£11.59) plus holiday pay enhancement.
The successful candidate will:
- Work during our external examination periods throughout the year – this mainly includes May, June, and November.
- Work during our mock/internal examination periods throughout the year.
- Work within clearly defined rules or procedures as set by JCQ and the school.
- Maintain the security of the examination at all times and report any possible breaches to the Exams Officer, immediately.
- Assist in preparing examination rooms.
- Supervise and manage the behaviour of our students.
- Distribute and collect exam papers, as well as any stationery or relevant exam materials.
- Provide oral instructions to candidates at the start and end of the examination, if necessary.
- Scribe/read for students during examination and assessment periods.
- Experience is not required as training will be provided prior to the exam season.
- Support at all times the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please visit www.magnificat.org.uk/vacancies for an application form and consent for references form, both to be returned to Mrs Mary La Spisa, Office Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 1st December 2023 by 9.00am.
Interviews will be held on: As soon as possible thereafter.
The MAC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. As such we will be implementing the use of online searches for all posts in line with guidance from KCSIE 2023. Online searches are not part of the shortlisting process itself and candidates will have a chance to address any issues of concern that come up during the search at interview.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS Statement.
COMMITTED TO EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES.