At Sandwell Children’s Trust we strive for excellence to improve the lives of children. Our ‘Sandwell Deal’, brings together our new improved offering that make Sandwell Children’s Trust a great place to work; it also sets out our expectations of you as a member of staff.
What we can offer you:-
- Your birthday off paid in addition to annual leave entitlement and 8 Bank Holidays, plus a concessionary day at Christmas.
- You will receive a generous local government career average pension scheme with employer contributions of 21.6%.
- We recognise individual loyalty with service awards from 2, 5, 10 and every 5 years onwards.
- Flexible working patterns that suit you and all of our roles have well-defined career progression.
- We provide competitive expenses for both mileage (55p per mile) and subsistence, plus access to a comprehensive employee benefits scheme.
Please visit The Sandwell Deal via this hyperlink
Hours - 37 per week
A vacancy has arisen for an Information Governance Lead Officer.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead the Information Governance team at Sandwell Children’s Trust. You will manage and undertake work in delivering the Trust’s obligations under FOIA, GDPR and DPA 2018, including effective monitoring and management of the Trust’s responses to FOIA requests, SAR requests and information requests and contributing to project work.
The role will suit an individual who is self-driven, has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enjoys working collaboratively and possesses an eye for detail, with previous working experience in information management, data protection or data governance practices.
About the role -
- You will be responsible for the day to day management of the Information Governance team, including managing the mailbox, processing FOIs, actioning SARs and ensuring information requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- You will provide technical support in the administration of the Trust’s Information Governance obligations under the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018, Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
- You will act as the main point of contact on all data protection matters on behalf of the Trust.
- You will lead on specific Information Governance projects as detailed within the Trust’s Information Governance action plan.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Hold a professional qualification or equivalent (including relevant experience) covering information assurance and security, data protection law with evidence of continuous professional development).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a relevant service area.
- Experience of supervising employees, allocating workloads and supervising the completion of work.
- Ability to present complex information verbally, in writing, or numerical format to a high standard to a variety of audiences.
- Experience of working with senior leadership teams and leaders to ensure that they are fully aware of the legal land technical implications to enable effective decision making.
- Ideally have experience of working in an Information Governance role, including knowledge of best practice and national standards (data protection/data sharing/information security/data quality).
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Davina Pittaway at Davina_Pittaway@sandwellchildrenstrust.org
When people join the team at Sandwell they say it feels like they become part of the family…they have #ComeHomeToSandwell. With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust and to become part of our Family.
So, if you think your future could lie with Sandwell Children’s Trust, then we’d love to hear from you.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Standard DBS is required for this position.
To apply please click on the apply button below
Employee Benefits Offering