Community Development Officers
1 x full time and 1 x part time (0.5 FTE)
Based in Wolverhampton with frequent evening and weekend working required
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to join our Community Engagement team. In these roles, you will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of our customers by encouraging their active involvement in shaping the services we provide.
Your responsibilities will include operational tasks related to the delivery of our Corporate Social Responsibility and Community Investment Strategy. You will provide expert advice and support to community engagement initiatives, ensuring that all residents have the opportunity to participate in activities that enhance community living and promote cohesion and resilience.
Performance in this role will be measured against specific Key Performance Indicators, and you will play a vital role in achieving these targets. Additionally, you will work closely with the Customer Involvement and Community Engagement Business Partner and your team to continuously develop and improve opportunities for customer involvement.
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as a passion for community engagement. You should be able to work independently, have strong organisational skills, and be able to manage your time effectively.
If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of our customers and shape the services we provide, we would love to hear from you.
Join our team and help us create positive outcomes in our communities and neighbourhoods.
You can read our CSR and Community Investment Strategy here:
The part time role is 18.5 hours per week, ideally to be worked Monday to Wednesday, but we are open to discuss your preferred working pattern.
As well as generous public sector holiday and pension schemes, you can expect:
• No gender pay gap between our female and male employees
• A welcoming environment where employees can be themselves. Every colleague has the opportunity to join our equality forum where you can help shape our culture and inform decision making
• Free home energy checks
• 24/7 access to a range of learning and development tools and activities
• Discounts to some of the city’s finest restaurants and shopping outlets, public transport and local gyms
• Wellbeing support including Paycare, to help cut the cost of check-ups and treatments, along with access to occupational health, counselling and physiotherapy services
• Financial support with saving and borrowing schemes
• Salary sacrifice schemes including Cycle2Work and Tusker car
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the local community. If you know of any potential applicants who may be interested, please pass on these details.
If you have questions about the role or would like to arrange an informal discussion before applying, please email Fiona Capel, Marketing and Customer Insight Manager on email@example.com
Closing date: 04 December 2023
Interview date: 19 December 2023
Community Development Officer - Job Description.pdf