- 1 x Pitchill
- 3 x Birmingham
- Pitchill, Near Evesham
- Newhall Street, Birmingham
Full time - 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
- 25 days holiday + holiday accrual scheme & bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Full Training provided
- Free tea and coffee
- Away days
Act on Energy is a fast growing and dynamic energy advice charity.
We’ve been at the forefront of expert energy advice in the Midlands for nearly 25 years.
And although Energy is in our name – we have people at our heart.
Because the climate crisis and drive to Net Zero – as well as rising energy prices and increasing fuel poverty - means that people need us more than ever. Demand for our help has never been greater. That’s why we’re hiring.
So, if you’re looking for a career change that absolutely makes a difference to people’s lives, our region and the environment…come join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you looking to work in a friendly and energising workplace, helping households to save money and deal with the issues surrounding the Cost Of Living Crisis and more? If yes, you may be just the person we are looking for.
Working as part of our advice team you will have excellent customer service skills, be well organised, be an excellent communicator verbally & written, be a supportive team player, flexible, responsive and timely in your approach.
You must be comfortable dealing with a wide range of people over the telephone, able to carry out the relevant administrative duties and referral processes applicable to the role with accuracy and speed. The goal is to ensure that office operations post telephone enquiries are dealt with efficiently and add maximum value to the charity and the work that we do.
We are looking for new team members to work at our Head office in Pitchill, Warwickshire & our office in the centre of Birmingham.
You should demonstrate in your CV and covering letter how you meet the requirements of the role. Please ensure that you address each one of the criteria above and below as this will be used to assess your suitability for the post.
- To work on the advice line and other telephone advice projects making and receiving calls from people who may need help with energy related issues.
- Record client details and use own knowledge to assess help and support needed.
- Refer clients onto other organisations in their area as appropriate.
- Identify energy improvements that can be made to clients’ properties and refer to schemes
- Help vulnerable clients to make applications for grants and switch energy tariffs where appropriate.
- Listen attentively to callers (some of whom may be in distress) and respond to their needs in an empathetic and calm way.
- Attend public events and advice surgeries
- Maintain high standards when managing conﬁdential information, complying with Act on Energy’s General Data Protection Procedures GDPR and legal requirements ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Achieve agreed outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by line manager
- To be committed to the Act on Energy’s core values of public service, quality, equality, empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing at all levels
- Knowledge of domestic sustainable energy and affordable warmth issues
- Knowledge and experience of housing, health and social care services and practice
- Good general knowledge of energy infrastructure in UK
- Experience of working in, or in support of, local or other statutory authorities
- Enthusiasm and commitment to environmental and social welfare objectives
- A flexible, dynamic and creative approach
- Reliable & confident
- Full & Clean driving licence with use of your own vehicle ideal but not essential for the Birmingham roles.
Training and support will be provided to you including opportunities to attend training courses and potentially gain qualifications as needed.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Subject to a 6-month probationary period.
OUR MISSION/ CORE VALUES
At Act on Energy we strive to engage with householders to support them through their energy journey offering a full home energy support service and impartial advice with the householder at the centre of all that we do.
We ensure that we handhold the most vulnerable householders through all their energy needs and aim to empower others to make ongoing decisions that will provide better health and economic outcomes for residents of Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Coventry, Solihull, Birmingham and the wider West Midlands.
HOW TO APPLY
CV and covering letter marked for the attention of Gareth Williams by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please include job reference AOE-EA02 in the email's subject) or post your documents to:
Act on Energy
Unit 2 Lauriston Business Park
Pitchill, Salford Priors
Warwickshire WR11 8SN