Senior Health and Safety Advisor
We seek a pragmatic, enthusiastic, and persuasive team player, able to source solutions and provide practical advice, guidance and support for elected members, partners, management board and 12,000 employees delivering a full range of local authority services across Coventry.
In return we offer variety, challenge, continuing professional development, peer support and competitive remuneration.
For an informal discussion you can contact the Occupational Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager, Angela White on 024 7683 3285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A thorough understanding of;
• Health and Safety legislation and its practical application
• Effective Health & Safety Management Systems/techniques
• A proven track record of providing professional, technical and practical health and safety advice to all levels of an organisation
• Experience in undertaking inspections, audits, accident investigations and risk assessments
• Sound knowledge and appreciation of political processes and current issues facing local government
• Be able to integrate into a team of experienced professionals and contribute to the provision of a wide variety of services to both internal and external customers
• Be able to influence and communicate effectively with Directors and senior managers, employees and trade union safety representatives, providing sound professional advice and support and skills and knowledge transfer
• Have a minimum of NEBOSH Diploma in OSH or equivalent
Coventry City Council is a three start authority with a dynamic change agenda including successful health and safety management.
We have a central health and safety services team and now have an opportunity for a qualified professional to be part of our revitalised health and safety management as Senior Health and Safety Advisors
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include flexible working, a generous holiday allowance (starting at 35 days including bank holidays). In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, 'MyCar' scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at a number of city centre restaurants, shops and other establishments.
30 hours per week
5th July 2017
Coventry City Council is clear about its responsibilities in embracing diversity and ensuring we recruit people of a high calibre on the basis of their skills, abilities, and experience. As such we welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is covered by the Code of Practice on the English language fluency for public sector workers
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email (including Spam/Junk) and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
This vacancy and advert will be closed as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible.
Job Description and Person Specification.pdf