Summit Learning Trust Mission Statement
Success through Endeavour
Ambition through Challenge
Strength through Diversity
We are seeking an enthusiastic teacher to join our dedicated and dynamic team in KS2 to cover a maternity leave in Year 3, to make a real difference to the lives of our learners at Yarnfield Primary School.
The successful candidate will be needed to demonstrate:
- experience of working with Foundation Stage, KS1 and KS2
- success in raising children’s attainment
- ability to inspire, challenge and motivate all learners to achieve, through your own best practice
- a commitment to working as part of a team to improve standards of teaching and learning
- ability to be a positive role model in school
- enthusiasm and high expectations of themselves and the children they teach
- a creative approach to the curriculum and delivering learning in exciting ways
- a commitment to contributing to wider school life
- a flexible approach to meet the needs of the school
In return we can offer you:
- a happy, caring and thriving school with an inclusive ethos
- a friendly, supportive team and Governing Body
- opportunities to use your skills and develop professionally
- professional development opportunities
- a supportive Leadership Team
For a full description of the role and person specification, please visit our website
About our school Yarnfield Primary School is a three form entry primary school with a 52 place nursery serving a diverse community in south Birmingham. The school is part of the Summit Learning Trust which comprises of four primary schools, three secondary schools and a sixth form. Yarnfield Primary is on an exciting journey whose recent improvements have been recognised by OFSTED. Our aim, drive and ambition is to provide the children with real, purposeful high quality learning experiences which inspire and motivate them in achieving their very best.
Why work for us?
We offer a range of wellbeing and work-life balance benefits to recognise and reward the essential contributions our colleagues make to our success and growth.
These include access to:
- employee assistance programme
- high quality training and support in and across academies enabling career progression
- Wellbeing Advocates
- lifestyle benefits and discount schemes, including gym discounts and cycle to work scheme
- Health Protection Scheme alongside flu jab and eyecare vouchers
- generous employer pension schemes
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check (where applicable) Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references. An online search will also be carried out on all shortlisted candidates.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment.
Please visit our website and apply online
Interviews to be held on 26 January 2024 We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Summit Learning Trust is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender reassignment, age, disability, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity or race. Please familiarise yourself with our policies