If you are an effective early years teacher Hallmoor School is especially interested in hearing from you. Hallmoor School specialises in the education of pupils aged 4 to 19 years with cognition, learning and communication difficulties, all of whom have an Education Health and Care Plan. Pupils within the school have a wide range of learning needs which may include SLD and ASD. The school strives for high standards of teaching and learning and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
We are looking for a highly effective creative and inspirational classroom practitioner to join Hallmoor School, part of Forward Education Trust, a rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled classroom teacher who is enthusiastic and motivated to help our students develop and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- have previous teaching experience and skills of working with children across at least two key stages, including key stage 3
- have experience of working with children with complex special needs including ASD and SLD
- have QTS status Take responsibility for a class group as a teacher with pastoral responsibility
- be willing to deliver subject specific lessons to a wider group of pupils across the school as reasonably directed by the Headteacher
- be a team player
- have experience in the primary phase
We can offer you:
- a commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
- the opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching
- a dedicated leadership team committed to supporting our staff
You will offer us:
- a Teacher who is motivated and enthusiastic who has experience of working with children with special needs
- your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning
- your flexibility, commitment, and excellent interpersonal skills
We have 2 Class Teacher (Primary) roles currently available Forward Education Trust is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality staff. To do this, we have an Employee Value Proposition offering a range of benefits to help our staff on a personal and professional level, including:
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme or Support Staff Local Government Pension Scheme employer contribution
- FET HUB – all employee information all in one place
- paid for health cash plan - employee and dependent children benefit, with option to add partner
- employee questionnaire - consultation with staff on a range of issues and ideas
- salary sacrifice scheme
- cycle to work scheme
- access to the NHS approved Thrive app, supporting mental health and wellbeing
- comprehensive induction and probation support and an ongoing performance management and appraisal system
- easy purchase scheme, salary deduction
- Smart Tech in association with Currys
- enhanced Employee Assistance Programme
- free, totally confidential advice with face-to-face consultations
- personal and professional learning and development, including FLICK online learning
- access to discounts and offers from Reward Gateway and MyPerks
- occupational health service to support the needs of individual staff
- staff recognition, e-cards to celebrate success among colleagues, awards throughout the year in line with Trust behaviours and values
- Mental Health First Aiders
- policies being developed to support positive health and wellbeing, family friendly working, special leave of absence, flexible working and menopause
- a commitment to develop new ideas to show we really value what you do for our children
Please apply online Completed applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust may review applications upon receipt and may call applicants for interview prior to the advert closing date. Therefore, you are encouraged to make an early application for this role and we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date. Please note that only fully completed Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them in place of an application form. If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check (where applicable) Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references. An online search will also be carried out on all shortlisted candidates.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment.