Deputy Head Teacher
Round Oak is a Secondary Special School for young people aged 11 – 19 years with a range of special educational and complex learning needs including PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties), SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties) and ASC (Autistic Spectrum Condition).
The school is situated in a residential area within the county town of Warwick. In September, we will have a school roll of circa 155 young people, supported by a highly effective team of dedicated and enthusiastic staff.
Ofsted rated us Good with Outstanding Features (2013). A more recent monitoring inspection observed that ‘Pupil progress is consistently good or better across the school and is well evidenced with data. Excellent practice was observed, especially the EmployAbility programme, which is raising aspirations for both pupils and their families. Throughout the school, pupils were observed as confident learners enjoying a rich curriculum with exceptional work based learning opportunities’.
The Governors are looking to appoint a Deputy Head teacher with significant experience, teaching and leadership in special schools or mainstream SEND.
We are looking for:
- Leadership experience in an SEN environment
- Someone who can meet the challenges of delivering excellent education and care to pupils with complex needs
- A motivated individual who is able to challenge and inspire
- With the ability to develop staff to perform at their optimum level
- A commitment to raising standards in all aspects of school
For a suitable candidate we can offer:
- A dedicated, enthusiastic and specialist staff team
- An active, experienced and supportive Governing Body
- A positive and inclusive school community
Additional Information & How to Apply
The Round Oak School and Support Service is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing Date: 26 June 2017
To arrange a school visit please contact: Surinder Pal, School Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01926 423311.
To apply for this position, please complete and return the attached Application Form and Equality Details Form to the School.
School Contact Details:
The Round Oak School and Support Service
Tel: 01926 423311
Equality Details Form