An exciting opportunity has arisen for Teaching Assistant Level 3 to join The Bridge School. The Bridge School is a special school for primary age children with complex special educational needs that is part of Forward Education Trust.
All of the children who attend The Bridge School have an Education and Health Care Plan. Our school educates 90 children who may have Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) or a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Some children have additional needs including visual impairment and hearing impairment and behaviour challenges. The Bridge School underpins all its curriculum delivery through continually developing its communication work so that pupils may access their learning in a way personalised to their needs. We are passionate about meeting the needs of those children with the most complex needs. Our staff provide a caring and safe learning environment and work in partnership with our parents and carers to ensure that all our children can reach their full potential.
The ideal candidate will have experience of supporting and assisting pupils with physical, learning and sensory additional needs and promoting pupils social and emotional development.
Our pupils benefit from staff who are confident and resilient, patient and nurturing and who want to help us to support our pupils to thrive and develop into successful young people.
Successful applicants will be able to contribute to the planning and evaluation of learning activities with teaching staff in order to plan and deliver high quality educational provision for our young people.
Forward Education Trust is committed to providing continuous professional development for all staff and encourage a supportive, motivating, and engaging working environment in all of our Schools.
All applicants must be qualified to NVQ Level 3 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent and be able to evidence this.
Forward Education Trust is committed to recruiting and retaining the highest quality staff. To do this, we have an Employee Value Proposition offering a range of benefits, including:
- Teacher’s Pension Scheme or Support Staff Local Government Pension Scheme employer contribution
- FET HUB – all employee information all in one place
- paid for health cash plan - employee and dependent children benefit, with option to add partner
- employee questionnaire - consultation with staff on a range of issues and ideas
- salary sacrifice scheme
- cycle to work scheme
- access to the NHS approved Thrive app, supporting mental health and wellbeing
- comprehensive induction and probation support and an ongoing performance management and appraisal system
- easy purchase scheme, salary deduction
- Smart Tech in association with Currys
- enhanced Employee Assistance Programme
- free, totally confidential advice with face-to-face consultations
- personal and professional learning and development, including FLICK online learning
- access to discounts and offers from Reward Gateway and MyPerks
- occupational health service to support the needs of individual staff
- staff recognition, e-cards to celebrate success among colleagues, awards throughout the year in line with Trust behaviours and values
- Mental Health First Aiders
- policies being developed to support positive health and wellbeing, family friendly working, special leave of absence, flexible working and menopause
- a commitment to develop new ideas to show we really value what you do for our children
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.
Closing Date: 19 February 2024, 9:00am
How to Apply: Please visit our Website
To apply, please complete an application form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust may review applications upon receipt and may call applicants for interview prior to the advert closing date. Therefore, you are encouraged to make an early application for this role and we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date.
Please note that only fully completed Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them in place of an application form.
If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of the closing date, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted. The successful applicants will require an enhanced DBS check and will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks.