Locally Delivered Support Team Leader
Diversity and Inclusion Vision: “Maximise the potential of people from all backgrounds through a culture of fairness and inclusion to deliver the best service for our communities
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join the Local Delivery Team, as a Team Leader to manage and continually develop the Shared Services teams working from the Neighbourhood Policing Units.
Our Local Delivery Teams deliver key services to officers and staff across the Forces’ Neighbourhood Policing Units. The Team Leader role will manage service delivery and resources at Solihull and Birmingham East (Stechford and Sutton Coldfield) NPU’s, with a requirement to travel between all three locations.
- You will cover the management locally of filing which includes crime and custody, general administration tasks, tape library, and detained property including the administration of the property system.
- You will work as part of a collaborative goal orientated team focused on achieving outcomes for customers – both in the service delivery area and as one wider Enabling Services team.
- You will ensure that all services are delivered right first time, on time and in the simplest way. Ensuring the customer experience is at the centre of the services delivered.
- You will actively promote the use of self service and new ways of working to customers.
- You will supervise and drive the day to day workload of the Local Delivery Team by coaching and mentoring your teams, creating a professional environment and promoting an achievement orientated team.
- You will ensure that your team have the correct skills, competencies and resource levels to deliver.
- You will ensure that business as usual is maintained during periods of transition.
- You should be clear communicator with good communications skills both verbal and written.
- You should be able to work effectively as part of a team and deliver results in a highly pressured environment. Able to prioritise and manage own workload and that of others.
- You should be able to act in a collaborative way that engages with people at all levels. Good presentation and influencing skills.
- You should be able to manage resources (directing, supervising, coaching, motivating, developing and improving the performance of others) and plans for high performance to gain the maximum benefit.
- You will need to demonstrate a passion for service excellence, and be able to provide a first class customer focused point of contact into Shared Services.
- IT literate, including the effective use of MS Office and core systems within Shared Services.
- You should have some experience of working in a transactional & customer service delivery environment and effectively dealing with customers.
For more details on the role, please refer to the Role Profile.
This is an exciting role where the appointed candidate will be able to make a significant difference to the services we deliver.
If you would like an informal chat please contact Karen Bird (55044) or Pat McMullen (57127).
The closing date will be 27th June 2017.
Please quote reference RR 224/17 when applying for this position.