Nationally Warwickshire’s social care has a good reputation and we are looking for the right people to join us. In Warwickshire we put our people first – our customers, carers and our staff. We value and develop our workforce to ensure staff can provide the best care and protection possible for the people of Warwickshire. The benefits of working for Warwickshire:
- Full induction
- Regular supervision
- Training opportunities
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Excellent local government pension scheme
- Mobile and flexible working
- Full and part time working hours
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic, resourceful and committed Team Leader to join our Learning Disability Service within Warwickshire. The team is currently based in Warwick and Bedworth and consists of Social Care Practitioners, Social Workers and Occupational Therapists.
The successful candidate may also work from Kings House, Kings Street, Bedworth.
The post is a fixed term appointment for 12 months.
Applications from internal candidates are welcome and the post would be a 12 month secondment. Internal candidates will require authorisation from line manager.
37.0 Hours per Week
The right candidate for this Team Leader post will have experience of managing social workers and social care practitioners.
- You will be flexible, innovative and have an up to date knowledge and experience of legislation and policies in the social care arena.
- You will have knowledge of working with a wide range of people, including people with Learning Disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) with physical disabilities, mental health; carers and their families and other.
- You will be required to complete day to day management of the remodelled Prevention and Short Term Team that will manage all incoming work including prioritisation of cases within the Learning Disability Team.
- You will be required to manage and oversee project work that is planned or relates to provider failure.
- You will be expected to support staff to focus on customer strengths, utilising an assetbased approach.
- You will support staff to enable customers to identify outcomes, meet their full potential and maximise their independence by utilising community resources and universal services.
- You will be committed to the promotion of best practice and quality interventions with our customers, carers, partners and stakeholders.
- You will build and maintain links with local voluntary and statutory agencies to promote the service and encourage good joint working relationships.
- You will be responsible for enhancing high quality service outcomes and cost effectiveness.
- As a strong team player, you will be required to contribute to the development and promotion of the Learning Disability Service.
Additional Information & How to Apply
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
For further information about the role please contact Becky Thompson, Operations Manager at email@example.com or 07880 306102.
Our method of application is online. If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply for this job' link please contact the Recruitment Centre.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.
Please note that all applications must be received on an application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Closing Date: 27 Jun 2017
We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.Supporting documents
Job Description and Person Specification