Hours Per Week: 19.5
Contract Type: Permanent
The Oaklands Primary School
Job Start Date: 8 April 2024
Summit Learning Trust Mission Statement
Success through Endeavour
Ambition through Challenge
Strength through Diversity
The Oaklands Primary School is a two-form entry Primary school in Acock’s Green, Birmingham. Ofsted recognises that: “Leaders and the Trust are highly ambitious for the school.” Staff “feel valued and part of a strong team.” There is a “rich and engaging curriculum” in place that “stimulates pupils’ interests and their desire to learn.”
If you would like to be part of our journey to excellence, we would love to hear from you.
We embrace and celebrate the diverse communities that make The Oaklands ‘who we are’. We believe that every child has the right to the highest possible standards in their education so that they are equipped with the skills they need to succeed in life. We are ambitious and aspirational for all our pupils and set high targets. We aim high because we know with the right opportunities, our pupils can do it.
We take great pride in developing a caring, creative and safe environment for our pupils and we are passionate about providing a rich and varied curriculum that inspires curiosity and enquiry.
We are seeking to appoint a dedicated, highly motivated, and resilient SENDCO with a proven track record for raising standards. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive school with high expectations and a commitment to providing the very best for all our children. This is an exciting time to join our school as we develop as a team. You will be an integral part of the middle leadership team at The Oaklands Primary School.
The Oaklands Primary School is part of the Summit Learning Trust, which comprises of four primary schools, three secondary schools and a sixth form. As part of our Summit family, we can promise an investment in you and your future, an attractive benefits package and excellent professional development from our Professional Learning Institute. You will be given opportunities to develop to develop and embed your existing skills and or become an aspiring Senior Leader of the future through our Aspiring Leaders Programme.
We are looking for applicants who are:
- fully qualified teacher with experience of acting as SENCO or holds the National Award for SENCO
- experienced of working with pupils with a range of special educational needs
- excellent with an understanding of the SEND Code of Practice
- calm and focused with a resolution-focused approach
- able to motivate, support and inspire learners, members of staff and our wider community
- keen to make a significant contribution to the realisation of a shared Trust vision
If you are an experienced SENCO or a teacher with outstanding outcomes for students with special needs looking for a new challenge, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking to appoint an effective, strong and inspirational practitioner who can:
- develop and implement excellent standards of teaching and learning.
- show commitment to continuous school improvement.
- contribute to a culture where everyone is valued and encouraged to succeed.
We offer the right candidate:
- respectful children who are keen to learn and to succeed
- supportive parents and local community
- a motivated and collegiate team of staff in school and across the Trust, who gladly share their expertise
- dedicated staff, keen to improve and provide great teaching for all pupils
- dedicated time to fulfill the role
If this role interests you, we would love to hear from you. Please contact the school office on 0121 706 2168 to arrange an informal visit and to meet our fabulous staff and pupils.
Why work for us?
We offer a range of wellbeing and work-life balance benefits to recognise and reward the essential contributions our colleagues make to our success and growth.
These include access to:
- employee assistance programme
- high quality training and support in and across academies enabling career progression
- wellbeing Advocates
- lifestyle benefits and discount schemes, including gym discounts and cycle to work scheme
- health Protection Scheme alongside Flu Jab and Eyecare Vouchers
- generous employer pension schemes
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Summit Learning Trust is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender reassignment, age, disability, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity or race.
We are also committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all colleagues to share this commitment. Our policy is available to view here
To apply please visit our website
Please note we do not accept CV’s
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.