Do you have experience of working with people with a learning disability? Are you passionate about working for an organisation that drives change? Then we may have the role for you within our Supported Internship team.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-motivated Skills Coach to join our Supported Internship programme team in Worcester. We have two full-time roles available (37.5 hours pew week)
As a Skills Coach, your role is central to the delivery of our Supported Internship programme. You will support learners with SEN to complete all elements of the programme in line with requirements by providing tailored support.
You will need to be a driver and have access to your own vehicle to ensure you are able to fill the requirements of the role in the Worcestershire area we operate. If you require any reasonable adjustments we will of course make these where required.
Do you want to see what we do? If so click here.
You will be accountable for learner progression in the workplace and achieving outcomes for the learner. You will deliver support in various ways; 1-1 job coaching, working with learners to develop employability skills and embed English and Maths learning in the workplace. The role aims to support people to learn the skills they need to go on and achieve sustained paid employment.
Do you have the key skills and requirements to be a Skills Coach? (essential):
- Experience of supporting people
- Experience of delivering against targets
- Knowledge of safe working practices
- Knowledge of sector
- A-C/9-4 English & Maths GCSE (or equivalent)
- Good ICT skills
- Effective Communicator
- Effective record-keeping and reporting
If you would like to find out more about the role or need any support with your application please contact Diane Hughes on 07941377734 or by email.
All candidates offered an interview for this role will need to provide evidence of their GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) at interview stage. Please have your certificates ready to be emailed across if you are contacted for an interview.
This role will close on Tuesday 13th February and interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 24 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions up to 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you start, you will be auto-enrolled after three months with us.
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencap Extras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
*T&C's apply based on contract
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
- providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
- providing advice through our help lines and web sites