Senior Advocate - Team Management
Independent Advocacy is a leading charity in the field of enabling work with people with physical and learning disabilities, older people and those who need support in maintaining their mental health. Our work ranges from providing statutory Mental Health and Care Act Advocacy to delivering practical help, at home, through our Community Support Team. We also support vulnerable people in managing their day to day finances. We have an ambitious programme to further develop the support we offer and are looking for individuals who will help us design innovative well-being projects and put service users at the heart of our work.
Senior Advocate-Team Management
Salary: £25,951 p.a.
Full Time: 37 Hours per Week
Location: Stoneleigh, Warwickshire
We are looking for a motivational IMHA or IMCA advocate to lead our skilled team of advocates in providing a high quality statutory and general advocacy service. You will also be encouraged to identify opportunities to develop and extend our Advocacy Services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Line management of the Advocacy Team to include appraisal and supervision, pastoral support, personal development and assignment and monitoring of caseload.
- Working closely with the Senior Advocate Complex Cases and Contract Management service users and external partners in the day to day delivery of the service.
- Setting clear objectives, tasks and performance targets for the Advocacy Team.
- Ensuring all advocates are aware of their responsibilities in relation to safeguarding.
With a demonstrable understanding of the Care Act and Mental Health legislation, as it applies to the delivery of advocacy services, you will have:
- a recognised qualification in advocacy e.g. City and Guilds /Diploma
- experience working as an IMHA or IMCA advocate
- team management or supervisory experience
- experience of case management systems
- excellent communication and report writing skills