Hours Per Week: 32.5
Contract Type: Permanent
Pegasus Primary School
Job Start Date: 8 April 2024
Summit Learning Trust Mission Statement
Success through Endeavour
Ambition through Challenge
Strength through Diversity
Pegasus Primary School is looking to appoint a dynamic and highly motivated professional to join our rapidly improving team. Pegasus is warm and welcoming and has enthusiastic and happy learners. To ensure the very best education for our children, we are seeking to appoint a dedicated, highly motivated and resilient teacher with a proven track record for raising standards.
Pegasus is a one form entry, family orientated school, in the heart of North Birmingham. Our Castle Vale community strives for the very best for their children. We are thrilled to say that our school was judged to be a ‘GOOD’ school by Ofsted in June 2021. We are looking for a class teacher to join our incredible team – do you possess the creativity, passion and skills to help us achieve even greater things?
Ofsted June 2021 ‘Pupils are happy to be at school. Staff make sure that school is a safe space for pupils. Staff and pupils get on well. Pupils behave well and play sensibly together.’
Children at Pegasus love coming to school and are keen to learn. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive school with high expectations and a commitment to providing the very best for all our learners.
You will be part of a very supportive team whose successful aim is to help our learners reach their full potential within this forward-looking school.
Are you our newest recruit? Are you ready to really make a difference and join us on our journey?
This is a very exciting position for a teacher who is seeking excellent development opportunities.
The successful candidate will:
- be an exemplary teacher, sharing excellence and expertise in the development of all staff
- have experience of leading a subject successfully
- have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- be committed to working with parents, governors and the local community
- show a commitment to contributing to the wider life of the school
The successful candidate will be a class teacher in our one form entry school and will uniquely have:
- the opportunity to work collaboratively and share planning with colleagues across Summit Learning Trust
- the opportunity to work within a forward thinking academy and Trust
- be part of our exciting improvement journey
- receive support from leaders and colleagues within the academy and from across Summit Learning Trust
About our Trust
Why work for us?
We offer a range of wellbeing and work-life balance benefits to recognise and reward the
essential contributions our colleagues make to our success and growth.
These include access to:
- employee assistance programme
- high quality training and support in and across academies enabling career progression
- wellbeing Advocates
- lifestyle benefits and discount schemes, including gym discounts and cycle to work scheme
- health Protection Scheme alongside Flu Jab and Eyecare Vouchers
- generous employer pension schemes
To apply please visit our website
Please note we do not accept CV’s We are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender reassignment, age, disability, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity or race. The Summit Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.
Rehabilitation of offenders: This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.
An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.