Manor Abbey Free School
Manor Abbey School will be an 11-16-day school with 70 planned places. The School will meet the needs of students with an EHCP for Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties with additional needs. The school is scheduled to open in Abbey Hulton, Stoke on Trent in September 2024 with an initial intake of 30 pupils in year 7 and 8. The school will progressively fill over 4 years until it reaches capacity.
What does the role involve?
Under the day-to-day direction of senior staff work as part of a team or individually to clean designated areas and associated accommodation. Duties will include: vacuuming, mopping, spray cleaning, damp wiping, waste disposal, and cleaning of toilet facilities.
Please read the full Job Description and Person Specification for full details of requirements.
What we are looking for someone who has:
- Compassion and understanding, and has strong desire to provide students with the very best learning environments
- Experience in cleaning duties and knowledge of best practices in cleaning
- The ability to work under own initiative without supervision
- An awareness of the importance of providing a quality service
- An awareness of the importance of hygiene in the work place
- Good understanding and ability to use specialist equipment/resources.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working.
- Excellent working environment.
- Support for your role with a dedicated school and central team.
- Continued professional development opportunities.
- Pay progression and recognition of continuous service.
- Generous local government pension scheme.
- Free onsite parking
We can also offer you access to comprehensive and flexible Employee Assistance Programmes which include;
- Tech Schemes
- Cycle to Work Schemes
- Online gym classes
- Health and wellbeing support and advice e.g., Men's Health, Wellbeing Action Plans, Better Sleep, Relaxation and Meditation, Understanding Menopause
- Financial advice services
- Think Well, fast track counselling service
- Eye-sight testing
- Retail discounts in supermarkets, high street shops, restaurants and days out.
Closing date 19th February
Manor Hall Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful candidate will be appointed subject to Enhanced DBS and pre-employment checks, including right to work, confirmation of appropriate qualifications and professional references.
Please also note that if you are shortlisted for the role, we may conduct an online search as part of our due diligence on the shortlisted candidates. This may help identify any incidents or issues that have happened, and are publicly available online, which may indicate that you are unsuitable to work with children, and that we may want to explore with you at interview.
Applications must be made on MyNewTerm by following the link:-