Risk and Safeguarding Coordinator
This is a permanent, full time post working Monday to Friday during normal office hours. However, you will also be part of a duty rota covering out of office during evenings and weekends.
As a Risk and Safeguarding Coordinator you will be expected to:
* Provide supervision to staff who work in a service to prevent offending by children and young people.
* Support the effective management, supervision and performance of a community based Youth Offending Team, through responsibility of the day to day running of the team.
* Take responsibility for leading in safeguarding and risk management,
* Effectively assist the management of all resources for example; physical, financial and staffing, allocated to a community based Youth Offending Team.
* Ensure the effective delivery of key policies and strategies is in place to support the management of risk and safeguarding.
* Support the delivery of national and local outcomes and priority actions, including the Youth Justice Board Performance Measures.
* Contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the Citys Youth Offending Services, through the annual Youth Justice Plan and other relevant strategies.
* Effectively engage other key partners to support the delivery of services to meet the needs of young people, parents and victims of Youth Crime.
In order to undertake the duties of this post, you will:
* Have a Social Work Degree, DipSW, CQSW or CSS.
* Be registered or have the ability to be registered with the HCPC.
* Have a post qualifying social work qualification or the ability to work towards it.