Diversity and Inclusion Vision: Maximise the potential of people from all backgrounds through a culture of fairness and inclusion to deliver the best service for our communities.
Fleet Services department provides a range of services to support operational policing. Our mission statement is “The effective and efficient provision of transport and related services to meet the operational needs of the force"
Applications are invited to join us to achieve our mission. We are looking for flexible, enthusiastic self-motivated individuals for the role of Technician in Fleet Services Department based at Park Lane.
Applicants are required to be able to demonstrate they have knowledge of relevant vehicles and work to Industry standard hours (ICME) times, have effective written and verbal communication skills and able to use computerised systems.
They are also required be able to demonstrate they have time served mechanical experience, preferably within a Manufacturer’s workshop environment.
- You must also be in possession of a motor vehicle technology qualification such as City & Guilds, NVQ level 3 or ONC/HNC.
- You should have the knowledge of a Fleet Management IT System and able to use the latest diagnostic equipment.
- You should be able to work unsupervised.
- You should have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- You should be able to used systems including Fleet Management system.
- You should have time served mechanical/vehicle electrical experience.
- You should have a Motor Vehicle Technology Qualification, ie City & Guilds or ONC/HNC.
For further information, please refer to the role profile.
You will join our team of Technicians based in the workshops at Park Lane.
- the day-to-day diagnosis, repair and servicing (SMR) of police vehicles and ancillary equipment. This will also include motorcycles and commercial vehicles.
- preparation/de-preparation of vehicles and covert equipment, design and installation of ANPR within the Prep Shop after training.
The successful applicant will be able to prioritise their workload and work without direct supervision and report to the Senior Technician.
If you require any further information for this role, please contact Kelvin Bevan on 0121 626 5674.
Completed application forms should be emailed to: