Licensing Services Assistant
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council is a small Council with big values. We are committed to ensuring our services are delivered to the highest possible standard and we put the customer at the forefront of everything we do. By working for us you will become part of the team and will play your part in serving our community.
We are currently recruiting for a Licensing Services Assistant
To assist in the delivery of an efficient, customer-focused and cost-effective licensing service for processing applications within statutory deadlines as required in connection with:
- Taxi and private hire vehicles, drivers and operators
- Various under Licensing Act 2003
- Various under Gambling Act 2005
- Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013
- Sex establishments
- Street and house to house collections.
You should have:-
- General administration experience, including the keeping of accurate records and experience of using computerised records systems on a daily basis.
- Be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with applicants, colleagues, Elected Members, outside organisations and the general public.
- Be able to use MS Office, specifically MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure to fixed timescales.
- Be reliable, dependable, self motivating and requiring minimum of supervision.
See person specification for full list of essential skills required.
Working Pattern:- 18.5 hours per week
Interview Date:- Wednesday, 12th July 2017
As an employer, Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council offers a wide range of benefits, including flexible working, Local Government Pension Scheme, generous holiday allowance and childcare vouchers.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
For further information about the role please contact Julie-Anne Lloyd on 024 76376336 or email@example.com
Please note that all applications must be received on an online application form. We do not accept CV's and do not keep CV's on file unless part of an application.
Please note we will communicate any interview arrangements with you via email, so please check your email and WMJobs account on a regular basis after submitting your application.Supporting documents
Job Description & Person Specification.pdf
Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Council Values.pdf