Sessional Youth Worker
Working with young people in a youth centre environment.
Overseeing and supporting sessions for young people between the ages of 10-18 years.
Key Tasks will include:
- Helping in the delivery and development of Youth work programmes and services, in close collaboration with other staff
- To organise and deliver crafts/sports and/or theme based activities
- Establishing relationships and a style of working that will enable the young people to safely learn and develop, in accordance with the principles and values of youth work
- Promoting the participation of young people in the activities of Wellesbourne Youth Services
- Supporting the monitoring and evaluating of sessional work including providing input to sessional reports
- To familiarise yourself with the local community amenities and providers of services for young people
- To work within The Diocese of Coventry’s Policies & Procedures knowledge of safeguarding children & young people
- To carry out any other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Management Committee Team in line with the aims of the service
Hours: 3-5 hours per week to include up to three evenings and weekends where necessary
Salary: From £8.00 + £1.16 holiday pay per hour, to £9.00 + £1.31 depending on experience.
- A high level of resilience and adaptability
- Developed listening and verbal skills
- Enthusiasm and passion for young people and communities
- Ability to build and promote healthy, positive lasting relationships with young people
- An understanding and awareness of the importance of safeguarding young people
- If a practising Christian, an ability to explain and communicate the Christian Gospel in ways relevant to young people
Additional Information & How to Apply
Contact Details: Hayley Ash, Lead Youth Worker, firstname.lastname@example.org
07581 235 802
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.