Head of School
Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy
We are the many hearts that follow Jesus, the one accord.
“Through the strength of God’s love and the power of prayer
we are guided to do whatever He tells us. Many hearts,
one accord, growing and learning together for life to build the kingdom of God.”
Woodland Street, Biddulph ST8 6LW
Telephone: 01782 512644
Required for September 2024 or sooner if possible
Head of School, Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Salary Range L3-L7 salary negotiable for an experienced candidate (£49,574- £54,816)
The Board of Directors of The Newman Catholic Collegiate working with Governors and in partnership with the Archdiocese of Birmingham welcomes applications for an outstanding, highly motivated practitioner, with experience of whole school improvement who is able to work with all staff to develop the provision to ensure that all children within our care reach their God given potential. Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy and its sister school, St Mary’s Catholic Academy are both rated outstanding by Ofsted and we are looking for a dynamic member of staff to enhance and strengthen the leadership team. The post will suit an aspirational Leader who wishes to develop their leadership skills. This is a full time position; however the directors will consider a part time application for a suitable candidate.
We are seeking to appoint someone who:
- A practising Catholic, who can clearly articulate the mission of Catholic education, with a firm commitment to promoting the teachings of Jesus and his Church.
- The capability to shape the vision and direction for the schools, setting high expectations with a clear focus on pupils’ achievement and their pastoral care
- Able to give evidence of the positive impact of their leadership experience.
- Has the management and interpersonal skills to be able to lead, challenge and motivate others to achieve outstanding practice.
- Able to analyse data, develop strategic plans, set targets and monitor and evaluate progress towards these.
We can offer:
- Friendly, welcoming communities which value everyone
- A positive climate in which you can develop new ideas and initiatives;
- Support from an enthusiastic and dynamic team at these and other schools within the collegiate.
- Happy, enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are keen to learn
- Talented and committed staff who work collaboratively to ensure the best outcomes and who care for all pupils.
- Dedicated Directors and Governors who work hard to ensure the continued success of the school.
- A commitment to your on-going professional development with a bespoke CPD opportunities.
- The opportunity to gain experience of effective partnership within an established primary collaboration, and opportunities to work with and learn from other academies within the Collegiate.
Candidates are welcome and encouraged to visit the schools by prior arrangement. Application packs are available from Mrs Kelly MGough , Academy Manager, Woodland Street, Biddulph ST8 6LW and also on the school’s Website:
Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy - Vacancies (ourladyofgraceacademy.co.uk)
For further information about this post, or to arrange a school visit, please contact
Mrs S Rathbone, Executive Principal
Closing date for all applications: Wednesday 21st February 2024
Interviews will be held: wb 26th February 2024
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Amendment Order 1986 and, as such, it will be necessary for a Submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions. Click here for further information.
Asylum and Immigration
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/