Room Leader (Pre School) - Old Park Primary School
Fixed Term until: 31st July 2018, Subject to Funding
Required to start September 2017
The governors of Old Park Primary School are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and passionate Room Leader to work in the Patch Day Nursery who has the vision, skills and ability to care and provide excellent experiences for young children. The Post will be a member of our Senior Leadership team and will have opportunities to deputise for the Nursery manager in her absence alongside other senior leaders.
Old Park Primary school and The Patch Day Nursery were judged as Outstanding (Ofsted May 13 and July 2014). The post will be based in the day nursery and out of school club working with children from 6 months to 11 Years.
The successful applicant will:
- Be required to have at least 2 years’ experience of working with 3 to 5 year olds in a
- Pre-school Room as part of a good or outstanding setting
- Hold a level 3 or above recognised qualification in child care and education.
- Have the ability to support the nursery management in providing high quality and effective day to day care and education for children by planning and providing a caring and stimulating environment full of opportunities and experiences for the children and families to learn from and explore.
- Be required to be a key person to a group of children and families and have the ability and confidence to work alongside parents, carers and other professional’s e.g. health visitors and inclusion support.
- Be able to work as part of a team of qualified and experienced Nursery practitioners and assistants.
- Have the ability to carry out observations and assessments and make accurate judgements on each child’s development and measure progress.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Old Park Primary School and The Patch Day Nursery are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and references.
For further information and application pack, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or download from our website www.the.patchnursery.com We encourage potential applicants to visit the nursery before applying for the position please call Emma Pate on 0121 526 2669 to make an appointment.
Closing date: Thursday 6th July 2017
Interviews week beginning: 10th July 2017
37 hours per week, 52 weeks
Band C SCP 14-19 £16,781 - £18,746
Old Park Primary School, Old Park Road, Wednesbury WS10 9LX
Thursday 6 July 2017