Job start date: 1 June 2024
Hours per week: Full time
St Brigid's Catholic Primary School
Frankley Beeches Road
Telephone number: 0121 675 5344
Contract type: Permanent
The Board of Directors of Lumen Christi Catholic Multi Academy and School Standards Committee of St. Brigid’s Catholic Primary School are seeking to appoint a practising Catholic to the post of Principal. St Brigid’s School is a thriving and vibrant two form entry primary school in its community, with 420 pupils on roll. Being a fully inclusive school, we value every individual and the contributions they make. We want our children to experience the pleasure of achieving personal academic successes, linked to a strong sense of morality and fairness, based on the teachings of Jesus Christ within our Christian faith. The school’s last Ofsted Inspection took place in June 2023 and St Brigid’s was judged to be a ‘Good ‘school where ‘pupils… know staff care for them and value them as individuals’, and also acknowledged that it is a ‘school community…rooted in a deep sense of caring for each other.’
We are seeking a Principal who:
• is a practising Catholic with a clear understanding of Catholic education with the vision and ability to further develop the Catholic life of the school
• puts children at the heart of all they do
• has high expectations of achievement for all members of the community including staff, and the motivation, organisational and leadership skills to inspire this in others.
• can build on the strengths of our school and continue to develop our school education and learning plans through inspiring, engaging and leading school life for optimum performance
• is able to lead all school business with strong commercial acumen
• is resilient, positive and professional at all times
• is committed to collaborative working across the parish and academy community
• has a proven track record as a leader in a Catholic school and can demonstrate proven contribution to success in a similar role
In return we are offering an exciting opportunity to lead and work with:
• a caring and positive environment inspired by our strong Catholic ethos
• happy, well behaved, respectful pupils who have a thirst for learning and are a delight to teach
• a community which cares about the journey of education and who work with the school to engage our children and work in partnership
• a welcoming, friendly, hard-working, and talented team of staff whom, at all levels, are dedicated to making a difference to the children in their care
• a supportive yet empowering Academy and the provision of services through a central team to all schools
In addition, this position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to:
• work with engaged learners and a strong staffing team, supported by Lumen Christi’s Shared Services of experts
• influence the development and ongoing journey of our school and Multi Academy Company, providing scope to develop your talents and expertise
• benefit from our commitment to your continuing professional and personal development
We are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Further information about our school is available on our school website including our most recent Ofsted and RE inspections.
Visits to the school are welcome by arrangement with Rebecca Nash, Head of Standards via email: email@example.com
An application pack is available on request from the Shared Services team via: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or via our website
Interviews: Week commencing 4 March 2024
Safeguarding This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work.
All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references. Short-listed candidates An online search will also be carried out as part of due diligence on all short-listed candidates.
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the amendments to the Exceptions Order 1975, 2013 and 2020. Which means that when applying for certain jobs and activities certain spent convictions and cautions are ‘protected’, so they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account.
Further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide.