Can you empower and inspire our STARS?
The Rivers C. of E. Academy Trust is a highly successful and vibrant organisation that provides a strong quality of education across our family of schools within the West Midlands region. Established in 2014, we are the largest primary and early years specialist trust in the Worcestershire and wider region with good and outstanding primary, first and nursery settings, a thriving teaching alliance and a brand-new primary alternative provision setting, which opened in September 2023. Teaching and learning is at the core of all our work, underpinned by an extensive programme of professional learning for our staff.
We are seeking to appoint two directors of education to hold responsibility for the leadership and development of educational standards across a group of schools, as well as lead on trust-wide areas of focus within our Rivers 2030 Strategy.
As a director of education, you will co-lead the school improvement team and proactively drive the support, advice and guidance needed to improve on leadership, provision and pupil outcomes. You will be an experienced and strategic leader who can articulate our vision, values and ethos and who will encourage and empower others to be the best that they can be for our children.
Our ideal candidate is likely to be:
- Highly visible and credible with a creative and positive mindset and a passionate commitment to ensuring all children are given the opportunities to flourish.
- A strong educational leader who has demonstrably raised standards and improved academic and personal outcomes.
- An influencer with a track record of leading initiatives across more than one school and supporting other leaders to achieve success.
- Ambitious and willing to influence and empower others to make remarkable things happen for children in the classroom and across school life.
- Experienced at leading a school/s successfully through inspection.
- Highly skilled at evaluating a school and understanding what is required to generate improvement, with an aptitude for coaching, supporting and challenging senior staff.
- Someone who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and can evidence inspirational, innovative and collaborative leadership, with the ability to inspire excellence and drive change.
You will also be someone for whom our values and ethos resonate.
To arrange an initial informal confidential discussion regarding this role or if you would like to arrange a visit to the trust (visits will be held during the afternoons of Wednesday 7th, Friday 9th and Tuesday 20th February, although there may be opportunities on other dates with prior agreement), please contact Julia Carter, Executive Assistant to the CEO, on 01905 953855 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to your application form and as part of your supporting statement, please include the following:
- Why you are applying to The Rivers CofE Academy Trust and why this role.
- How your professional experiences have prepared you for this position.
- The strengths you would bring to this role and what impact you will make.
We can offer:
- Talented pupils who are inquisitive and eager to learn.
- Friendly and supportive leadership and whole-staff team, who are committed to continued professional development.
- Access to a wider network of colleagues and professionals.
- Education Mutual wellbeing services – a range of free confidential healthcare benefits, including physiotherapy, counselling and 24/7 GP healthline.
- Family-friendly policies and excellent holiday entitlement.
- Competitive employer pension scheme (TPS and LGPS).
- A chance to be part of our exciting journey in The Rivers CofE Academy Trust.
Closing date: Monday 4th March
Start date: 1 September 2024, dependent upon notice required
Interview date: Tuesday 12 March 2024
Please view the Director of Education (DoE) candidate pack for further details about the role and person specification.
Please visit the Rivers CofE Academy Website to view and download the candidate pack and Teaching Application Form. Return the completed form to Julia Carter: email@example.com