Finham Park 2
TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS
Full Time Permanent Post
Starting April 2024
(Possible TLR opportunity available for the right candidate)
The Governors are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated Teacher of Mathematics to join an experienced team with superb facilities; where teachers are committed to delivering a high quality, lively and interesting curriculum to challenge and inspire all of our students. The successful candidate will be required to teach to KS3, KS4 and potentially KS5.
Finham Park 2 is an exciting co-educational academy in Coventry that opened in September 2015. Already an extremely popular choice with local parents, we are significantly over-subscribed with a full cohort of Year 7 to 13 students. Our students are smart, thoughtful, inquisitive, well-behaved and polite.
The school was set up by leaders from the ‘Outstanding’ (2015) Finham Park School and we moved into our newly refurbished, high quality building in September 2016. We are proud to be part of and supported by the Finham Park Multi Academy Trust.
Already a ‘good’ school (Ofsted 2018), our aim is to be a ‘world class’ secondary school for parents and children in Coventry with the highest expectations; where we nurture every child’s unique talents and ensure children have the time of their lives. The school is built on the traditional values of PRIDE, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY. Pivotal to this is a positive ethos and culture of learning and success for all students.
How we do this:
- Recognising students as individuals
- Believing that all students can and will achieve their potential
- Developing aspirational, confident and resilient learners
- Providing innovative, evidence-based teaching
- Offering a broad, balanced, creative and enriching curriculum
- Ensuring every student leaves school with the knowledge, qualifications and skills for the next stage of their lives
- Providing exceptional opportunities for students and staff
- Developing positive relationships across the school
- Recruiting, developing and retaining the best staff who go the ‘extra mile’
- Providing a safe, calm, purposeful, inclusive and positive learning environment
- Developing strong, valued partnerships with parents/ carers, governors and the local community to support and develop the culture and ethos of the school
- Ensuring students follow our 2 simple school rules: be polite; do as you are asked, when you are asked.
Finham Park 2 is committed to the personal development of all of their staff and can offer:
- Outstanding professional development Supportive staff and a strong team ethos Supportive leadership Potential progression opportunities in a growing Multi Academy Trust Superb facilities
Closing Date: Monday 19th February 2024 at 9am
Interview Date: TBC
Finham Park Multi Academy Trust requires all applicants to be eligible to work in the UK with no restrictions as we are unable to offer sponsorship/work visas. You will be required to provide proof of Right to Work at interview stage and if you are offered a job position with us.
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com
Finham Park MAT
Finham Park 2 is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
In line with KCSIE (Keeping children Safe in Education) 2023 we will complete online searches as part of our due diligence on all shortlisted candidates. If anything is identified as part of these checks they will be discussed with you at interview. If any safeguarding concerns are identified we reserve the right to withdraw your application.