Teaching Assistant (Level 2)
“Education is for improving lives and for leaving your community and world better than you found it”
The Education Advisory Board along with the Directors of Community Academies Trust are seeking to appoint two highly motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious Teaching Assistants. Due to open in September 2017, Heathcote Primary School is a new ‘free school’ serving a rich and diverse community, and will provide an outstanding education, where children will thrive in its caring, exciting, and inspirational learning environment.
The Community Academies Trust currently comprises of eight primary schools, five secondary schools and two National Teaching Schools. We are driven by a desire to lead rather than follow, and to be beacons of outstanding local provision, which our community can rely on for the excellent education we provide for our children. We have a proven track record of achieving success and our new school will be supported by expertise and support from across the trust.
The successful candidate will be an excellent classroom practitioner who is committed to high standards of achievement and has enthusiasm and flair.
Successful applicants must;
- Have knowledge and understanding of how children develop
- Have a calm approach and the ability to engage and support learning of children
- Have good communication skills with class teacher, SENCO and parents as appropriate
- Demonstrate initiative in the classroom and wider school
- Be conscientious, hard working and enthusiastic
- Be willing to complete additional training
- Have a keen interest in furthering their knowledge and skillset by undertaking additional research
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner with a record of raising standards
- Be able to demonstrate EY experience
- Be able to demonstrate good pupil progress
- Be caring and compassionate to every child’s needs
- Be able to work well in a team
- Be able to assess using EYFS
How do I apply?
To apply for this position, please download application details and complete the Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Forms. Submit the forms by email to email@example.com by no later than 9am on Thursday 29th June 2017. This vacancy is also advertised on Community Academy Trust and Heathcote School websites.
Community Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the standards in line with Community Academies Trust vision and values.
If you have any questions or require any further information, please contact Andy Mitchell, Project Manager on 01926 497491. With regards to queries on the application process please contact Fiona Hinds, CAT Human Resources Dept. on 01827 702216 ext. 3128.
Community Academies Trust supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Community Academies Trust Company Registration No. 07472736