At MPFT we pride ourselves on staff wellbeing and development and can we offer you:
- Our SOOTHE resources - supporting staff across the trust with their physical, mental and financial health. In addition to the support offered from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
- Counselling support and lifestyle information with advice on a variety of personal matters
- “In our Gift” providing a platform for your voice to be heard to inform change
- The opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Opportunities for flexible working (depending on the role)
- Career development opportunities and coaching plus access to in house training programs
- Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme
- Recognition and engagement through our staff LOVE awards, LOVE long service awards and Staff Engagement Surveys
- NHS discounts available via the Blue Card and Red Guava schemes
Due to career progression within the teams, we have exciting opportunities for students who will qualify as registered social workers in 2024 to join the Lichfield & Tamworth Adult Social Care Community Teams. You will be part of a dynamic, responsive team delivering high quality community-based Care Act Assessments and support to adults over the age of 18 with a physical disability and older adults over 65 living with either physical disabilities and/or a mental health dementia diagnosis.
MPFT is committed to the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment programme for all NQSW’s and you will supported with this by your Practice Lead and colleagues within your first year of practice to continue your professional curiosity, growth and development.
The post holder will be required to undertake innovative strength based assessments, care planning and review in line with the Care Act, 2014. There will be a requirement to undertake case management of complex casework and develop positive working relationships with service-users, carers, their support networks and other professionals. The role will also provide experience and opportunity to be part of section 42 safeguarding enquiries. The appropriate level of support and training will be given to assist the post holder to develop their knowledge, learning, practice and confidence in this area.
This is an interesting and challenging post for someone who is passionate to enhance their social work learning and has a desire and commitment for outcome focused work which will bring about positive change to the people we support.
These are full-time positions (37.5hrs per week) however, there may be some flexibility with this which can be discussed at interview. MPFT are committed to offering blended working options with a mix of home and office-based working.
The teams are based in Lichfield/Tamworth but the role will involve travel as required. The post holder will need to have a full driving licence and access to a car.
On appointment, the post holder will be auto-enrolled in the SWLA and aligned to the appropriate British Association of Social Work Professional Capabilities Framework. The relevant SWLA ‘stage’ (i.e. stage 1 (ASYE), 2 (Social Worker) or 3 (Advanced Social Worker) will also be agreed taking all prior Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and relevant experience into consideration. The post holder will be required to take responsibility for their own Continuous Professional Development.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) is an award winning organisation with over 9000 employees. We are one of the largest integrated Health and Social Care providers, covering services across North & South Staffordshire, Shropshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire, Isle of Wight and Essex.
Demonstrating our strong commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and in context of our objective aligned to the growth of diversity across the workforce; we are particularly seeking applications from individuals who may be from under-represented groups, such as black, Asian or other ethnic groups, individuals with a disability, or LGBTQ+ individuals who meet the specific criteria.
We are embedding values based and inclusive recruitment practices to ensure that all applicants, from any backgrounds, have an equal chance of success in achieving a role with us.