Digital Forensic Officer- 12 Month Secondment
Diversity and Inclusion Vision: “Maximise the potential of people from all backgrounds through a culture of fairness and inclusion to deliver the best service for our communities”
An opportunity has arisen for a 12 month temporary secondment within Digital Forensics. Applications are invited from motivated, enthusiastic hardworking individuals for the post of Temporary Digital Forensic Officer, within Forensic Services Department, Digital Forensics Team based at Ridgepoint House, Bromford Lane, Ward End, Birmingham.
- You will be providing technical assistance to investigating officers through the digital forensic investigation of mobile devices, computers and other digital data devices that have been or are suspected of being used in the commission of crime.
- This will include the seizure, retention and examination of mobile phones and devices following Digital Forensic good practice methodologies (ISO17025 standard and ACPO Principles of Digital Evidence).
- This may include preparation of evidential reports (Streamlined Forensic Reports) upon completion of Digital Forensic examinations.
We are ideally looking for applicants with experience in Digital Forensics and/or possess a solid understanding of Information Technology (IT) Applicants will be mentored and will be supported and conform to our internal competency framework.
- You should be conversant with Windows and/or mobile operating systems and have a keen interest in and an understanding of mobile devices and computer systems.
- You should have some knowledge of other common operating systems
- You should be able to identify, remove and safely handle key mobile and/or computer device components.
- Knowledge of and ability to examine digital devices in a methodical and precise way and have an aptitude for problem solving.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and will be required to regularly liaise with colleagues at all ranks within and external to the organisation.
The role involves regularly working with material that may be of a sensitive, obscene, offensive or distressing nature (e.g. images that may depict the abuse of children).
The Digital Forensics Team currently works a one weekend in six shift patterns, covering from 0700 to 1800 Monday to Friday and 0700 to1600 at weekends.
For further information about this role please contact 0845 113 5000 extension number:
John Price – 844 6112
Steve Harborne - 844 6134