Have you got a passion for giving excellent customer service?
Are you a great team player and a confident communicator? if so we want to hear from you?
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Housing Hub Team.
Our main objective is to deliver excellent customer service to the people of Sandwell by efficiently managing and resolving their tenancy enquiries to the highest standards. We do this over the telephone, online and in person at housing receptions and surgeries.
• Driven and committed to providing excellent customer service
• Enthusiastic and friendly
• Flexible and willing to develop your knowledge and skills
• Able to use your own initiative and also work as part of a team.
You will answer customer enquiries and requests about a wide range of housing services. Providing customers with support to access our services through a range of evolving channels.
You will have the ability to work in a fast-paced customer service environment and be a positive self- motivated person.
You must be able to respond promptly as well as politely and accurately to resolve the customer query.
You need to be focused on ‘first call resolution’ and reducing avoidable contacts, the Housing Hub Officers will relieve pressure on the rest of the housing service, thus enabling it to operate more proactively.
You will be given training through your induction period.
- You must have at least 12 months experience of delivering services directly to customers and be able to work from multiple locations across Sandwell as determined by service demand as well as from home.
- Can provide help to those who need assistance to access our services and influence those who can to do their day-to-day business online to access services independently to self-serve.
- Can provide specialist housing advice and support and make decisions on routine housing service requests.
- Take responsibility for routine service requests and support tasks
- Utilise your passion and skills for on-line technology to switch channels seamlessly with the customer e.g. when an issue needs to be taken offline, or jump into web-chat.
- Can engage with customers on public channels where information and advice would be beneficial to a wider audience.
- You can demonstrate you are a good listener with clear communication skills who can remain calm and professional whilst displaying a caring an empathetic attitude, dealing with a diverse range of customers.
- The ability to record accurate details and use our IT systems is essential
Sound like you? Then we'd very much like to receive an application from you.
Sandwell MBC values our workforce and in return for your hard work, here is some of what we have to offer:
• Competitive salary & pension scheme
• Generous holiday allowance
• Continuous training and development
• Employee Benefits and health initiatives
- Numeracy and Literacy Level 2 qualification or equivalent as a minimum. Certificates will be required.
Interviews will take place beginning of March.
We reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised date if we receive a large number of applications. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about working for Sandwell Council, our recruitment process and our offer to you please visit https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/counciljobs
Click here to find out more about our One Team Framework: Values and Behaviours.
Information for Applicants