TEACHING ASSISTANT GRADE 2 VACANCY
Full-time Monday - Friday: 8.30am- 3.15pm (28 hours 45 minutes)
Salary Grade TA2 Points 5 - 6, £16,039.71 - £16,307.95 per annum (actual salary)
Start date: 8th April 2024
Maternity Cover contract
An exciting opportunity to join the Nunnery Wood team has arisen to support our wonderful children in our school. Nunnery Primary School is a successful, multi-cultural two-form entry school.
We have a team of teaching assistants who work in a variety of ways supporting the teaching and learning of the children as well as individual vulnerable children. We are seeking a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and well-motivated teaching assistant to join our friendly and hardworking team. Working under the supervision of a class teacher and our SENCO, you will be responsible for supporting children across the school as well as delivering structured interventions, group work activities and providing 1 to 1 support for our children with Educational and Health Care Plans.
The role will include:
- Work with vulnerable children who require additional support.
- Leading group work under the direction of a class teacher.
- Supporting the class teachers with teaching and learning and daily tasks.
- Working 1 to 1 with vulnerable learners or a child with an EHCP.
The successful candidate will need:
- a high level of literacy and numeracy skills – GCSE English and Maths
- relevant teaching assistant qualifications
- good organisational skills
- initiative and enthusiasm
- the ability to establish good working relationships with children, colleagues, and other professionals.
- the ability to motivate children to achieve their best and establish good relationships with their peers.
- a willingness to receive training / advice from other professionals, e.g., our Educational Psychologist
- First Aid qualification or willingness to be trained.
Nunnery Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; pre-employment checks will be carried out, references will be sought and verified, online checks undertaken, and successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and other relevant checks with statutory bodies.
Application form is available on our school website: https://www.nunnerywoodprimary.co.uk
Closing Date Friday 23rd February 2024
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Tuesday 27th February