- Supervise students and deliver the set lesson in the absence of the classroom teacher.
- Work with the relevant subject leader/teacher and follow the advice provided in the delivery and supervision of the lesson.
- Maintain attendance and behaviour records as per school procedures.
- Forward students work to the class teacher/head of faculty.
- Assist teachers with display work throughout the school.
- Offer in-class support to individuals or groups of students in the classroom under the supervision of the classroom teacher when required.
- Be prepared to sanction students appropriately using school systems in order to ensure an effective working environment.
- Use the school reward systems to support student behaviour and progress.
- Effectively manage the behaviour of students.
- Work with identified students individually outside of the classroom when required.
- Liaise with teaching and learning support staff and other agencies.
- Assist in the assessment of individual students.
- Help identify personal training needs required to help implement school priorities and enhance own job performance.
- Undertake any other appropriate and reasonable duties that may be required at the request of the Headteacher.
- Follow the schools procedures for Health and Safety.
- Show initiative at all times and be prepared to up-skill without the direction from others.
You can find out more about these roles by downloading a candidate pack and application form attached below or visiting our website - www.lighthall.co.uk or visiting the school – to arrange a visit, please contact Anna Williams, Personnel Assistant on 0121 746 5060 or email email@example.com
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 3rd July 2017
Interview date: Week Beginning 3rd July 2017