At Sandwell Children’s Trust we strive for excellence to improve the lives of children. Our ‘Sandwell Deal’, brings together our new improved offering that make Sandwell Children’s Trust a great place to work; it also sets out our expectations of you as a member of staff.
What we can offer you:-
- Generous annual leave of up to 31 days, plus 5 additional days for long service recognition.
- Your birthday off paid in addition to annual leave entitlement and 8 Bank Holidays, plus a concessionary day at Christmas.
- You will receive a generous local government career average pension scheme with employer contributions of 21.6%.
- We recognise individual loyalty with service awards from 2, 5, 10 and every 5 years onwards.
- All of our roles have well-defined and transparent career progression.
Please visit The Sandwell Deal via this hyperlink
We are proud to create an environment where our employees are nurtured, caseloads are manageable and continuous professional development is encouraged. With a culture of collaborative working and the child at the heart of everything we do, there’s never been a more exciting time to join the Trust.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Service to lead our Tipton and Rowley locality, providing strategic direction for teams within the locality which include Assessment & Intervention teams and Child Protection & Court Teams. This role also holds the strategic lead for Sandwell’s ‘Front Door’ Multi-agency Hub.
You will be a highly visible and responsive leader who role model the Trust’s ethos, values, and standards and will actively drive forward the Trusts ambitious transformation programme. We are looking for a talented systems leader who is highly aspirational and ambitious for children. You will be relentless in driving excellent practice through relational social work and courageous innovation. You will be tenacious in ensuring that Sandwell Children’s Trust are making a palpable impact on the lives of children and families we serve, supporting us to deliver excellent services to the most vulnerable children in our Borough.
You will have a strong focus on building robust multi-agency partnerships and providing good quality supportive interventions for families. You will oversee multiple operational teams that deliver relational, trauma informed practice that drive timely evidence-based interventions that foster sustainable outcomes for children. Alongside the management team in your locality you will lead the delivery of robust family help, child protection planning, overseeing the progression of pre-proceedings/care proceedings ensuring that our children achieve permanency through timely, well considered, and ambitious planning. You will have a strong understanding of the Early Help agenda and act as the strategic lead for the Trust for the MASH and exploitation, working alongside Sandwell’s local area partnership.
- Be a qualified Social Worker, with significant experience of providing effective leadership and management direction within a children & families service with the ability to motivate and develop individuals and groups of employees.
- You will have senior management experience and be skilled at initiating, developing, implementing and evaluating major policy initiatives and organisational change programmes, demonstrating the capacity to think strategically and develop innovative and practical responses to a range of management initiatives, translating organisational vision into solid, measurable achievement.
- You will be a dynamic leader with a proven track record of leading a service processing the ability to engage, negotiate and influence a wide range of audiences building positive relationships with key stakeholders.
- Have experience of managing and understanding financial issues related to local authorities, commercial minded and able to make the most cost-effective decisions for the service.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding the role with Steven Gauntley, Director of Operations please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org
When people join the team at Sandwell they say it feels like they become part of the family…they have #ComeHomeToSandwell. With the work that we have done so far and with the ambitions we have for the future, it’s a really exciting time to join Sandwell Children’s Trust.
So, if you think your future could lie with Sandwell Children’s Trust, then we’d love to hear from you.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.
To apply please click on the apply button below
*Terms & Conditions apply for relocation allowance
Employee Benefits Offering