Adults Experienced Social Workers - 37hrs a week (permanent)
Salary: £32,090 - £36,298 + £3000 Market Forces payment [equivalent to £35,090 - £39,298]
MH Team North - Parkside, Bromsgrove
The North Mental Health Team work with people in a variety of ways to promote their independence and recovery. This could be through;
- Providing information and advice, as well as supporting them to identify their own strengths, or those within their current network of support.
- Connecting them to other people/organisations who are better placed to support the person at that moment in time.
- Completing direct work with people, carers, and their wider support networks.
We work closely with colleagues from Herefordshire & Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust and work within several multi-disciplinary teams across their mental health service to provide holistic support to adults with mental health needs.
The team have had recent recognition at the Social Worker of the Year Awards and we are looking for a motivated individual who can demonstrate competencies in providing assessments under the Care Act 2014, Mental Capacity Act 2005 and undertaking S42 enquiries with support from our Safeguarding Team. You will have experience of navigating these legal frameworks when working with people with complex needs and demonstrating good decision making that achieves positive outcomes for those we support.
We offer the opportunity for progression, excellent training (including consideration for Practice Education, BIA and AMHP roles), a thorough induction linked to your role, and professional development plans. You will receive supervision alongside weekly team reflective meetings and be working in a team of motivated, dedicated, and friendly colleagues. In Worcestershire we provide flexible and agile working, with supporting technology, enabling you to work from a range of office bases, touch points and home.
In addition to the above, support will also be provided through The Social Work Academy (SWA) who work closely with the Principal Social Workers across both Directorates to ensure that learning is continuous and supports practice improvement. The SWA is responsible for learning programmes for Social Worker and Management development, together with Student placements and Practice Education.
You’ll find an overview of the benefits Worcestershire County Council have to offer on our webpage Why work for us? | Worcestershire County Council , so do take a look! Some of the other benefits we can offer include:
- Great Holiday Entitlement: As well as bank holidays, you'll get 26 days paid holiday (pro rata for part-time staff). This goes up to 31 days when you have been with us for 5 years. If you get more than 26 days where you work now, don't worry because if you join us without a break, we'll match your holiday up to 31 days. If you’re successful and want to take advantage of this do let us know!
- Brilliant Pension Scheme: The Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) is a nationwide, career average pension scheme and is a valuable part of the pay and reward package for employees working in local government.
- Professional Learning & Development: We actively encourage learning and development for all our staff should they want to progress further or explore other areas within the organisation.
- Flexible Working: We are proud to offer hybrid working to provide a better work/life balance where possible.
To apply, send a copy of your up-to-date CV and an expression of interest detailing your skills, abilities, experience and achievements to date that make you a suitable candidate to email@example.com
Please consider your written application in the context of the Job Profile attached to this advert.
Interviews will be arranged following the shortlisting process.
If you would like to find out more about the post please contact
Jamie McEwan, Area Manager, North Mental Health Team
* £3000 Market Forces, pro rata for part time employees
** Relocation - T&Cs apply