The principal will work strategically to lead and develop North Walsall Primary Academy supporting it on its mission to becoming outstanding. The post-holder will build on the academy’s current strengths and drive forward areas of improvement, working closely to improve all aspects of student achievement, experience, learning, teaching and performance of the academy as a whole. The principal will embody and add value to the mission and sense of purpose for the academy and vision for the wider Trust.
In addition, the principal will manage and lead the academy in accordance with the current school Teachers pay and conditions document, the policies of the Trust (including its annual budget), applicable legislation and statutory guidance. The principal, working with the Local Governing Body, will develop a strategic view of the academy in its community and analyse and plan for its future needs and developments.
- To embrace our vision and take an active role in promoting our Trust.
- To establish a culture that promotes excellence, equality, high expectations and aspirations of all children in its care.
- To continue to develop a culture and systems which ensure that safeguarding and child protection are of the highest priority.
- To embrace and effectively participate in all CSI activities and collaborative forums such as Strategic Development Groups (SDGs), Educational Finance Accountability Meetings (EFAMs), Team Network Groups (TNGs) and others.
- Develop and update the academy Evaluation and Improvement Plan (AIP) ensuring that it is updated regularly throughout academic year, particularly following all CSI activities.
- To work with other principals and the executive leadership team in developing, evolving, and embedding all academy policies and procedures.
- To ensure that children are offered world class 21st century learning opportunities.
- To ensure that the vision detailed in the education brief of the academy becomes and remains a reality.
- To work alongside the Local Governing Body chair to ensure that local governance makes a strong contribution to the academy’s performance.
- To be responsible for the overall management of all academy resourcing, in collaboration with regional colleagues (HR, finance, Estates and ICT).
- To support the development of our family of academies.